These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by RussPA
Truncated voice commands has been addressed many times in the IOS thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=184127&start=160#p1390447
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by Seat6a
I am really enjoying the speed notifications, but when you exceed the speed limit the speedometer becomes unreadable. The red is too dark on the black.

My suggestion is to switch it to black numbers on a red background when exceeding the posted limit. This will still call attention to it while allowing you to actually be able to read the speed you are traveling at a glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA

Post by Shea100
I experienced an issue recently which seems to have something to do with the distance of the destination plugged in. This happened both on my trip from Boston to Philadelphia and back home to Boston from Philly. When I was beginning my trips, I would enter the destination address. Waze would take a longer than usual time to figure out the route and then the app would just freeze after never finding a route. I would have to "kill" the app because of its being unresponsive. After about an hour and half into my 5 hour drive (I would try waze about every fifteen minutes during my drive to see if it would work) the app would finally start operating properly and without issue.

So it would seem to me that the issue is somehow related to the distance of the route. After the distance was shortened, due to some driving, the app would work.
Shea100
Send a message

Post by Slidedude
Well it's been stated many times, so I won't pile on....but the issue with voice guidance clipping has rendered this app annoying and no longer useful to me. Sad, because before the latest two updates it was THE nav app I used. Now I'm using Google Maps. Maybe that's what Google wanted all along? <kidding> :roll:
Slidedude
Send a message

Post by smsopko
Recently the voice skips saying the distance from the next turn & I have to look at the screen to see how far away it is. As I approach the turn within a half mile, if will say to turn even though it's a half mile or less away.
smsopko
Send a message

Post by Spartan556
I have the same problem.

I am on iOS 9.2.1 and have done a hard reboot and am still having the issue you describe.
Spartan556
Send a message

Post by StephenBonaccorsi
When I try to use the Waze app with prefer Bluetooth the Voice directions got cut off and abbreviated. Works fine when play through phone speaker only just doesn't function properly on Bluetooth (that is car speakers) Tried using it on two different cars same problem. Tried to disconnect and re-pair phone, still same problem. Any suggestions? Worked fine before problem just started happening a week ago. BTW I have an i-phone 6-S Version 9.3.1
StephenBonaccorsi
Send a message

Post by StephenBonaccorsi
Thank you for your prompt response. I'm glad it's nothing that I'm doing wrong. I have become very dependent on Waze. I am a huge fan. Thanks again.
StephenBonaccorsi
Send a message

Post by stig17
So I have been having an issue with Waze the past couple of versions with the voice prompts. When she should say turn right in 500 feet to X she just says turn right in 5... And it cuts off. This happens every single time. This never used to happen. Please help
stig17
Send a message

Post by stig17
nzahn1 wrote:BT TTS issues confirmed in 4.4.0:
When set to prefer Bluetooth, the intermediate instructions have distances clipped: "In thre- turn left on [street name]"
Bluetooth and Waze are NOT WORKING properly when Waze is using its Hands-free/Headset bluetooth profile (HSP/HFP).
This same error DOES NOT occur when Waze is folded into an bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP): If a car audio system is connected to a iOS device streaming via a bluetooth music/audio connection, Waze alerts function normally, even fading in/out of the music.
I have the exact same issue and just created a thread on it because it's really annoying and dangerous since I don't know how far ahead the turn actually is
stig17
Send a message