Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Dave2084 wrote:CamerAlert hasn't been updated since march but it's only in this Waze beta I've noticed this issue.
The code has changed trying to deal with the "play output to speaker" option to work better, which it does. But it seems to have negatively affected the stability and reliability of the audio output overall.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Road munching stable (when not navigating)
I munched some new roads this morning and can report that the iPhone client correctly followed the location instead of doing the jumping back-and-forth thing which has been reported previously. I was not in navigation mode, so it remains to be seen if navigation mode may affect proper display behavior.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Dave2084
I've experienced two occurrences of the audio stopping; once on Thursday evening and once at 6am this morning. I just uploaded the debug mode logs, hopefully they will be useful.

I tried to get the audio back by muting and unmuting the audio and be recalculating the route. Neither worked and I ended up closing Waze and reopening it (which did restore audio). I was using TTS if that makes a difference.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:I've experienced two occurrences of the audio stopping; once on Thursday evening and once at 6am this morning. I just uploaded the debug mode logs, hopefully they will be useful.
Did you have any other audio running from the phone at the same time, like a streaming app or the music app? If so, what interface? (headphone jack, USB/dock, or BT) I also experience this issue from time-to-time and a restart of Waze is the only solution.
I do have one other app running in the background ; CamerAlert which is a GPS based safety camera warning system.

My iPhone connects by cable to my Audi's head unit via an icelink interface that makes the head unit think the phone is a cd changer. I wasn't playing any music at the time but the audio (until it failed) was coming through the stereo.

CamerAlert hasn't been updated since march but it's only in this Waze beta I've noticed this issue.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by FrisbeeDog
Long-time, super minor annoyance (not just in this version):

Settings > Advanced > Data Transfer

The "Refresh map of my area" button should not be in the "Reduce data usage" section. From what it does it actually induces more data usage (albeit very little) while the client pulls down the latest tiles.

You just need to move the button above the label for it to make sense.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by FrisbeeDog
I have had terrible problems with the beta and previous versions when listening to music via line out (iPhone pin connector) to my car stereo. If I have music playing and then I start Waze, the music stops until I cycle my stereo back to AUX even though the iPhone shows the playing icon in the status bar and the mp3 time is incrementing on the stereo.

If I open Waze and then try to listen to music it often doesn't work and I have to shutdown Waze and start the music first (then go through the first set of issues).

All this is with all voice guidance off in the app. I'm running an iPhone 4S with latest Waze beta and latest iOS version.

Perhaps it is just my car stereo and not the app although it seems like Waze isn't restarting the audio properly after loading.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Navlist missing street names
Thanks for explaining in better detail as well as including screenshots to show what I had attempted to report in a couple of other threads :D
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:What would be even better is if it would announce "Arriving at 345 Main street, on your right" or "on your left" depending on where the location is exactly. Waze address numbers are defined for each side of the street, and POIs should also be really easy to tell if they are to the left or right of the current location.
This is a common complaint and feature request of every GPS Application in the App Store. Tell me what side of the street the location is on, prior to arriving at the destination.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
+3. Just munched some roads today. Works as expected.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
sketch wrote:I don't know whether 3.1 and the beta are identical, and this happened Saturday, so I'm posting it here.

On a trip to Baton Rouge, a few times along the way, parts of the route would disappear. When I reached these parts of the route, Waze recalculated and gave me a "Proceed to highlighted route" instruction.

My friend was running 3.0 alongside me. This did not happen on his client.
Did you uninstall the Beta and then install 3.1 fresh? If so any cached maps were dumped and the maps we freshly downloading the tiles as you were navigating through that area for the 'first time'. I don't think that is a 3.1 issue but general issue with Waze not downloading all tiles consistently.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message