These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No GPS Reception

Post by lordy5
Hello, this app just constantly says no GPS and becuase of that is pretty useless :(
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have been on to Maps that is installed on my phone and it can pinpoint my location exactly, how do I fix this? :(
lordy5

POSTER_ID:10052916

Send a message

Post by LGISve
I'm having the same NO GPS SIGNAL when using Waze in Venezuela, since NOV2014. Phones: Moto X and also the problem with a new MOTO DROID TURBO MAXX (Android 4.4.4. No a steady conection with the GPS except when turning off Data then GPS signal keeps working Ok.

I beleive there is some problem with the latest updates of Android 4.4.4

Still waiting a solution from Motorola and Waze support but no one can find the problem.
LGISve
Send a message
tg(IM): @LGINCIARTE
Caracas, Venezuela

Post by LGISve
I'm having the same NO GPS SIGNAL when using Waze in Venezuela, since NOV2014. Phones: Moto X and also the problem with a new MOTO DROID TURBO MAXX (Android 4.4.4. No a steady conection with the GPS except when turning off Data then GPS signal keeps working Ok.

I beleive there is some problem with the latest updates of Android 4.4.4

Still waiting a solution from Motorola and Waze support but no one can find the problem.
LGISve
Send a message
Caracas, Venezuela

Post by LGISve
Now I bought a new HTC One M8 and had the same No GPS signal problem but this time I found the solution. I figure out that on 2G Data mode Waze works perfect while on 3G/4G (LTE) when receiving or transmitting there is an error with the GPS signal (No GPS signal...).

Motorola equipments dont allow this Data mode changes so I sold them and kept the HTC.

I wrote Waze support service. Let's see what they reply about.
LGISve
Send a message
Caracas, Venezuela

Post by LodvgCool
Hello, this app its driving me crazy says no GPS and because of that is pretty useless
Is there anything I can do to fix this?  GPS works fine on other map apps.

Samsung A51 5g
Android 11
Waze app version 4.78.1.0

I did fresh install android 11 after total phone erase and hard reset. still not working
i do have a video 10 minutes long how can i uploaded here?

LodvgCool
Send a message

Post by loki2012
So, I have been having the same issue - Waze loses GPS signal, GPS Status app takes a few minutes to get the satellites, go back to waze, use it for a minute, lose GPS ...

Samsung S3 phone, refurbished.

So the hardware works. Then, I think in this forum I I read some things that got me thinking. I lose 4G all the time (Stupid Verizon) but never GPS. So I went to locations and set the Location Method to GPS Only (from High Accuracy). So far it has been working, no loss of GPS signal while in Waze (knock on wood).

Will some others try this out and see if it works for them also?
loki2012
Send a message

Post by lordy5
iPhone 3GS - iOS 5.1.1
Waze version - 3.2.2.0

Tried a google search, seems like there is a lot of people with this issue but no solutions :(
lordy5
Send a message

Post by lost_patrol
Same here, Nexus 5X Android 7.1.1, Can't get a GPS lock, started happening 4/10/2017
lost_patrol
Send a message

Post by LostInMyMaps
LodvgCool wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:50 am i do have a video 10 minutes long how can i uploaded here?

Upload it to YouTube and paste the link here.

I've been having issues too despite internet working elsewhere, but when I turn off my VPN connection it seems to resolve itself. Something else for people to try.
LostInMyMaps
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 7
Send a message
Brendan (LostInMyMaps)
Global Champ, Coordinator, Volunteer Map Editor
Waze Australia

https://i.imgur.com/pdUHgo3.png

Join me in the Waze Australia Discord Server | Australia Wiki | New Aussie Editor Link

Post by LTM1K3
Looked through the No GPS issues and other than turning on LTE there doesn't seem to be a fix that anyone has found yet, a permanent fix anyway. I am having the same issue - it just started about 2-3 days ago in Florida on a vacation. No GPS. Apple Maps Navigation works fine though - peculiar huh? I've turned airplane mode on and off, turned locations services on and off, and hard and soft restarted. Still same issue. Waze opens fine and looks like it will work until you plug in an address. It thinks for about 10 seconds with a message "seeking GPS - try going outdoors" I AM OUTDOORS and then says "No GPS. Showing approximate location. It kind of does show approximate location but directions don't work...
LTM1K3
Send a message