These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mrzeds15
ogre_x wrote:
OK, doesn't show on my device when I pan away, but since no map data is showing either I suppose it's a graphical bug on the nexus?
I have a Galaxy Nexus too. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and can now see maps.
mrzeds15
Send a message
docomo Galaxy Nexus JB 4.1 ←Finally received on the day that 4.2 is released :x
Nexus 7 JB 4.2.

Post by mssusa
Galaxy S2. Stock rom 2.3.5

I am getting many FCs, especially at launching waze and that was not the case with the betas. I solve this by rebooting the phone and everything works fine again. I am also getting occasional freezes and sometimes very delayed GPS fix. This was not the case with the betas. I've submitted the logs and hope the devs have enough resources to handle the influx of logs.

My connection is spotty of recent and I hope this was not the cause of the above mentioned problems.

Something else, last night we had a terrible sand storm. I couldn't find any relevant weather hazard type, so I reported it as fog :lol: . I hope sand storms are added as they are becoming more and more common around the world in dry climates. I know too many types are too much for small screens, but the client can learn the most frequent types I report and suggest them, with an option to view and report more types behind a button or a scroll list.
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Forgot to mention that this version seems to dislike getting a GPS fix while on transit. I get freezes and FCs often Iif I move the car before I get a GPS first
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by noamparn
perlin wrote:Thank you all for your feedback, feature suggestions and bug reports!
Features that omitted and will return in future versions:
* Navigation list
Do you have any estimate when we might see a new version (even a beta) with the Navigation List in it? It is really frustrating to not be able to look ahead at the upcoming turns.
noamparn
Send a message
Verizon Droid Razr Maxx, Android OS 2.3.6, Waze Beta 3.1.99.121

Post by noamparn
Since upgrading to V3.0, I've had a number of times when I'll receive a phone call while driving, and then Waze will crash when the phone call ends. I've submitted the crash reports every time, but I can't put in much detail while I'm driving.
It doesn't happen every time, and I haven't paid enough attention to see if it is ONLY incoming calls, but I specifically remember it happening on a few incoming calls recently.
It seems to happen more with longer phone calls than with shorter ones.
Since I'm on Verizon 3G, perhaps it has something to do with the data connection being suspended during a phone call, and maybe timing out if the phone call is longer than a certain number of minutes.

Are other people experiencing this, too?
noamparn
Send a message
Verizon Droid Razr Maxx, Android OS 2.3.6, Waze Beta 3.1.99.121

Post by nova2000
Hi, on Huawei UM840 (Android 2.2) phone , the new Waze version has this issues:

Not able to calculate the route (several minutes calculating the best route, but can not connect to servers message is displayed or it returns to the main screen navigation with no results)

- When using the new menu icon at the left , the screen sometimes could go black for a while until the menu appears. Sometimes causing to force the application to exit.

Previous version was working fine.

Regards
nova2000
Send a message

Post by ogre_x
Shows no map on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Only a car icon.
ogre_x
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (yakju 4.0.2) | HTC Desire (Oxygen 2.3.2)

Post by ogre_x
Yes. No difference. I also miss the shortcut to my current location. Has it been removed?
ogre_x
Send a message

Post by ogre_x
dmcconachie wrote:
ogre_x wrote:Yes. No difference. I also miss the shortcut to my current location. Has it been removed?
You mean the crosshair? Nope, should still be there. My GNex is currently in for repair so I can't confirm any results!
No I mean menu - show my location.

Is that function still in 3.0?
ogre_x
Send a message

Post by ogre_x
I've had it running for longer than 30 seconds and still no map. I downloaded nearby data - no difference.
ogre_x
Send a message