Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by RussPA
I'm sure Validator is being worked on, along with several other scripts that are broken now. Most of the script authors probably have paying jobs, so they do this in their free time.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
I hope for a fix also for this very helpful script, but it seems the script author may not be active any more
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
impulse200 wrote:I wonder why not to integrate Validator and Toolbox features strait into the WME? Those two are already must have for any editor out there.
Judging by how well each editor update goes (or doesn't go) and by how many bugs pop up, do you really trust the Waze programmers with these two important functions?
Editor script writers are much more responsive to problems that pop up, let's keep it this way
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
ChevyLuke1 wrote:It seems like the creator of WME Validator is not active anymore as I sent him a PM regarding Validator and his last edit was like 2 years ago (647 days)

Will someone else recreate WME Validator?

Thanks
The reason why it can't was given 4 posts up by taco909. We may just have to wait. The author's last edit was 2 years ago, but he has still updated Validator a few times since then.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Try the Date Format Fix script along with Fix Scripts. Make these two scripts run 1 & 2 in Tampermonkey. These fixed Validator for me, along with several other scripts.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Afaik there is no installation for fix scripts. you just create a new script, paste the code in, then move the script to the number one position
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
The latest WME changed the date format which caused some issues with scripts. I don't know the specifics, I am certainly no expert in this area, but Glodenox describes it here.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Mapman44 wrote:...in the event the creator no longer wants to maintain it.
That's the key right there, I think. If the author specifically gives up their rights, then it's fair game for anyone to work on it. But when the author says nothing or simply disappears, then they haven't really given up their rights, and that's where we are with Validator.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
CreekOfJohn wrote:I agree with your statement above 100%, which is why Waze should invest into building validation into WME. This essential editor function should not be left to unpaid volunteers.
Taking a look at it from another angle, though, is that we would be stuck with whatever Waze decides is useful or not useful. No more requests to add this or that function, and if it breaks, we wait on Waze to fix it. Right now, scripts can be fixed or modified very quickly in many cases by the excellent volunteers we have. That would end for anything Waze takes over. Obviously, volunteer script writers who disappear are a problem, but maybe a better solution would be to modify the license terms to make it easier in cases like this for someone else to step in.

Just my 2 cents.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by S_Jay_
I really like your script! Unfortunately I have one very annoying problem: Every hyperlink in the report sends me to this location: 
https://waze.com/editor?env=row&lat=51.52400&lon=-0.11900&zoomLevel=19&venues=6488600.64820468.6486850

By checking a example by comparing the permalink from the report and the actual permalink copied from the editor I get this:
Report --> https://www.waze.com/de/editor?zoomLevel=19&lat=7101061.15424&lon=1104031.30531&env=row&venues=6488600.65017075.2149146

Editor --> https://waze.com/editor?env=row&lat=53.63338&lon=9.91744&zoomLevel=16&venues=6488600.65017075.2149146

So the venue ID is correct but the coordinates seem to be messed up.

Chrome and Script (from Chrome Store) are both up to date.

Thanks in advance!

S_Jay_
Send a message
Best regards,

Sebastian