The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by dmcconachie
I don't think it's a coincidence that the release of these tools has coincided not only with a drastic increase in weekly points but a worrying increase in reports by many AMs of mass incorrect updates!
I have absolutely no doubt that some are abusing their use and this is exactly why waze didn't implement them in the first place!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
No idea how to put the beast back in the box - folk will always find old versions just like they did with Googze.

If you can't beat 'em join 'em... anyone else have the problem that hitting "Apply" refreshes the page? Also using the edit properties pop up I can only edit one thing at a time before having to hit save and permalink!? (Chrome version 16.0.912.77 m)
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
WeeeZer14 wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:anyone else have the problem that hitting "Apply" refreshes the page?
On older versions (I haven't tried the newest yet), you have to de-select a segment in the group, then re-select it to be able to edit the group without the refresh.
Yeah, can also get around it by selecting/deselecting a random extra segment too. Thought that had been fixed at some point.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
gettingthere wrote:I have not actually used the extended tools but I think that they should be primarily for viewing not updating. If there needs to be major updates to cities etc, Waze support can be involved.
I think that comes under the "How do you put it back in the box" query!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
mapcat wrote:OK, tried it in FF. It seems that it's designed to remove all turn restrictions from the viewing area. This is not a good idea at all!
Most of the plugin fits this assessment and is most definitely too easy to get hold of.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
mapcat wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Is the user's editing level/number of cones available to the Extended Tools code? If so, it may be good to institute a permissions level scheme for Extended Tools.

Yes, someone can edit the add-in code, BUT it will stop brand new users who are just pressing buttons to see what happens.
Maybe limiting this tool's use to zoom level 5 or higher might work too.
I like both of these ideas. I could get more on board if it was limited to long term (mega) editors, the assumption being they have a vested interest rather than just seeking edits/points.

And a zoom level that encourages actual looking at what you're doing whilst limiting its scope.

And I still think this thread should be moved to some higher hidden sub-forum and the wiki entry should somehow be hidden too.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Plumaveloz wrote:Hello:
Is the old editor avaliable at any web address? The new one doesn´t work for me - maybe some CM problems again?
Thanks,
Á.
No.
Have you disabled Extended Tools?

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by drummer83
Hi,
after installing the Extended Tools in Firefox 17 the map doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong? I read that there was an editor update two days ago, might this be the reason?
I have greasemonkey 1.5 installed and Extended Tools 1.6.5.

Thanks for any help.
drummer83
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by enhket
Lol people are too used to just double clicking the .zip. This is the one by dave (thanks dave!!), but unzippable :P (unzip & drag it to your chrome extensions)
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by enhket
yup. Unzip & drag it to your chrome extensions (i like the new bar menu created by gdu!)
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8