Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by serega_12
taco909 wrote:
serega_12 wrote:Running Validator scan doesn't show "undetermined road direction" anymore. Is there a way to get that back somehow or did I turn something off without realizing it?
Check Highlights... it should still work.
Oh that's the thing, Validator still highlights them, is just when I click on the "report", it reports other issues but doesn't have the category for unknown road direction anymore. When I look around the map they're still highlighted. Not sure what changed as it worked just fine a few days ago...
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
taco909 wrote: It showed up on mine a few minutes ago.

Is there a limit to how much will show on a report? I've been disabling house numbers, one-ways, and a few other items before running Validator scans because the comment "And more" at the bottom makes me think I'm not seeing some things.
I usually just keep the original window open and in the same position while I fix everything on the list. Then re-run it in the same position. That should make everything show up. However, there were times when there were only two things on the list and it still says "and more..." that's when good ol' manual pan and zoom come in.
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
taco909 wrote: Keep in mind that not everything on the list needs to be fixed... depending on how you have Highlighter and Toolbox set.
I generally disable one-way in Highlighter and leave Toll checked, because 90% of the time, if a segment shows up as toll AND I have editing rights to it, it is not a valid flag.
When you say Highlighter, do you actually mean WME Highlighter or the Validator? Since both of them do highlights, correct?
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
taco909 wrote: WME Highlighter.
Validator, AFAIK, does not report on unknown direction
Well, I've never had the WME Highlighter plugin installed on either one of my laptops, and, until sometime last week, the list included "Unknown direction on road/street" (or something like that) section of segments in the list produced by Validator scan. I run into some roads that haven't been touched since they've been imported in 2009 and don't have any direction set yet, and it doesn't highlight them anymore. I have to look for them manually.

Maybe the fix for my problem would be to install WME highlighter and allow Validator to "include external highlights" or use the section for custom searches... I'll give those a shot.

EDIT: VME Validator still highlights the segments and gives you the description when you hover over them or select them, it just doesn't include them in the scan results as it used to, so you have to pan and zoom for them manually.
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
So after a bit of scanning around different areas, it looks like it highlights some of the segments with unknown driving directions, but only if the road has been set to street or above. Not the segments that have been set to dirt roads, private roads, etc during the initial import from Google maps. I am able to get them selected using Validator "custom check" script ${direction} /0/ or !/1/ if I want it to highlight and list all but two way roads (good thing to review roads that haven't been touched at all) since some of the imported one way roads are really two way.
Hope that helps whoever is trying to accomplish this too.
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
no problems or complaints to report, just wanted to chime in and thank you guys for an awesome script. It's a great and invaluable tool. 8-)
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
SuperDave1426 wrote: Does anyone know what regexp value needs to be used with ${typeRank} to select a parking lot road type? 'Cause I can't seem to find it. :-)
Just did a quick search of this thread for "type plr" and came up with this post. ;)

Hope this helps.

qwaletee wrote:Just FYI, here is the list of codes for each ${type}:

1 Street
2 Primary Street
3 FW
4 Ramp
5 Walking trail
6 MH
7 mH
8 Dirt
9 Unassigned?
10 Boardwalk
11-15 Unassigned?
16 Stairway
17 Private
18 Railroad
19 Runway
20 PLR
21 Service rd

Putting it at the end (the $ says there can't be anything after it, so 1-Street is not confused with 10-Boardwalk or 16-Stairway, etc.):

template: ${street}:${length}:${type}
expression: /^:[0-9]{3,}:[1-46-8]$/

This says street name is blank (nothing between start and first colon), length has at least 3 digits ([0-9] is any digit, {3,} means 3 or or of that), and [1-46-8] means any single digit except 0, 5, or 9, which most of the common types that you would expect to have a name, except that ramp may not have a name. Railroad should probably also be included, in which case:

expression for nameless >=100m of types expecting a name (which EXCLUDES ramps): /^:[0-9]{3,}:([1-36-8]|18)$/

Excuse the RegEx tutorial :)
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
maybe pm qwaletee?
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12