You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).
Post by whatnt
CBenson wrote: Thus, you should not expect that you will necessarily be turning from Alameda at your next turn.
And that's exactly my point. No one expects to leave a road unless he is told. But you aren't told here. The Alameda turns to the left. A reasonable person would expect to do that unless he is told otherwise to go to the different road.
CBenson wrote: I guess there will always be differences of opinion, but why complain about one extra instruction? I don't see why the "keep left" would be undesirable.
I don't either--especially when having it would match the green sign. I'd like to see it returned.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by whatnt
CBenson wrote:
whatnt wrote:• Example #1

After about a half of a mile, you reach an intersection where you see a green sign hanging below the arm of the traffic light with the street name "The Alameda" and a white arrow that is pointing perpendicularly to your left. The Alameda turns to the left at a traffic light. Waze did not give any sort of instruction.

You were last told to be on The Alameda. You were also told that the next road would be Lafayette St, and that it would be much further away from where you are now.

What should you do?
You should go straight. There are a large number of intersections where the road name changes when you go straight at an intersection. Thus, you should not expect that you will necessarily be turning from Alameda at your next turn. (The difference here is that there is a continuation of the name at the intersection. Given the name continuation, if we had a "continue" instruction I would agree that it would be useful here.)
But there's a problem with that: the intersection is a Y. Either you go to the left, or you go to the right. There is no straight.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by whatnt
CBenson wrote:Its not configured on the waze map as a Y. If it were, one would get a keep right instruction to El Camino Real.
I'm not talking about Waze
CBenson wrote:With some no-name segments you could also get a keep left to the Alameda. But I thought what was desired was a continue straight instruction.
No. The desire is to have some sort of notification that you'll be going to El Camino Real.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by whatnt
CBenson wrote:Well, a Y would give that instruction.
Only if it is drawn that way in Waze.
CBenson wrote:From the aerial images it doesn't look like a Y. But if it does when driven and a keep right instruction would be appropriate, the map could be configured to give the keep right instruction.
It also should, considering signage. Other señiors have resisted changing it--and have even locked it higher to prevent change!--without saying why, so it was recommended that I bring this here.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message