Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Twister-UK wrote:
Taco909 wrote:"Open in new WME Tab" does not open in a new tab... it simply hotlinks into it, reloading WME (so erasing chat)
This is how it's always worked, and describing it as "open" in new tab is accurate - it opens a new WME session in the new tab. What you're expecting would better be described as "clone session in new tab", which is something I'm not sure can be done, or at least not done in a way which is even remotely simple, clean, or has the slightest hope of working beyond the next minor tweaking of the WME code.
No, what I was getting was it was opening in the same tab, not creating a new one.

I realized that it coincided with a couple of script updates, so I started disabling those scripts and it was UR Liveview that was causing it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
That is the problem in Los Angeles. We need to be in at Zoom-2 or 3 to pick up the oldest URs.
WME filters by age as you zoom out and get too many on the screen, so at Zoom-0 over Los Angeles, you pretty much only see yellow and orange. Filter anything older than 14 days and it's blank.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
So the test would be to locate one specifically that displays at a closer zoom and focus on that one, then toggle the URO+ selections (or toggle the script off and on) and see if that specific report toggles with it.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bz2012 wrote:I don't guess it would be worth the effort to have URO+ briefly 'zoom in' and update the database and then zoom back out.
It wouldn't matter.
You would be able to see it courtesy URO+, but you would not be able to open it because to WME, it is not there.
It MIGHT be possible for URO+ to cache the PL, allowing a load via "open in new window"... but honestly, in an area with enough URs to create the display limitation issue, you'd be talking about caching hundreds of PLs, which would REALLY bog down the system.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Mine is the same color it's always been... Light grey for editable areas, dark grey for non-editable areas, or light grey for everything if I shut the editable areas layer off.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
SuperDave1426 wrote:if another editor has already commented on a UR within the given time frame, I don't want to see it. :-)
Except that some of my comments are "Feel free to close, it's your area"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Thortok2000 wrote:
taco909 wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:if another editor has already commented on a UR within the given time frame, I don't want to see it. :-)
Except that some of my comments are "Feel free to close, it's your area"
Using current filters, I really hate comments like that since I won't see that UR again for 8 days unless I turn off my filter or navigate to it via the link in the e-mail.

If my requested filter setup becomes possible, though, it wouldn't be a problem at all. =D
Well... and the fact that my message will show in your email, giving you the heads up that you need to shut the filters off.

Personally, I go in with all filters disabled and then apply them as the UR density dictates.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
I was going to thank you for the backfill, but apparently I had not yet updated.

BUT... It looks like the MapRaid really has made a huge dent in LA.
I went to the area of the map with the most dense concentration, zoomed out to Zoom-0, and began incrementing the "Hide URs newer than ##" filter.

Before the raid, I could not bring up any URs older than 10-15 days. Yes, we get 250 URs a week in some areas, which explains why we needed the MapRaid so badly only having ~10 active editors.
Today, I set the filter to block URs newer than 100 days and I still have a good number displaying including "Construction" "Closure" and "Note" icons.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
gamasi wrote:Is it final decision that the "Suppress Unneeded Geometry" button no longer works without selecting segments?
Yes, and that is a part of Toolbox, not URO+ and belongs in that thread.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Olestas wrote:What this option does?

-> Backfill UR data
Allows the display of more than 500 URs on a screen.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich