Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Horizon911
So everybody fix the script locally/manually? or what happens....?
Horizon911
Send a message

Post by jangliss
On line 172 in the script, it is looking for the state to be "Insert", it should be "INSERT". Just installed it, and on line 172 I have:

Code: Select all

if (sel.type == "segment" && sel.state == "Insert") {
Change it to:

if (sel.type == "segment" && sel.state == "INSERT") {
Refresh WME, and you should be good to go.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
Nomenclator1677 wrote:I don't know why but after corrected the script like said before in here
jangliss wrote:On line 172 in the script, it is looking for the state to be "Insert", it should be "INSERT". Just installed it, and on line 172 I have:

Change it to:

I can't merge an old one with the new one. It is always a new river or canal.

An explanation ?

Thanks
I've not looked at it since asked on the mentioned issue. I cannot think immediately of why changing from Insert (non-working) to INSERT would cause an issue, if you change it back, it probably won't work anymore at all. There has probably been some other WME changes that have caused some conflicts. I'll see if I can spare some time later to take a look.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jangliss
Nomenclator1677 wrote:Thanks.

It merges on a new river (create one and after, extend it with a new part of the river).

It currently is non working when trying to merge an old one with a new part one.
By "merges on a new river", do you save between the original part, and the new part you're extending?

For "merge an old one", can you tell me the steps to reproduce? I created a road, and clicked on the "Street to River" and clicked save. I noticed it no longer seems to delete the original road segment, so there is a bug there. Once it's saved, I deleted the road segment, and saved again, then drew the new road segment overlapping the original river, clicked on the Street to River, and it extended as expected. If I don't delete the road segment that gets left, or don't save after deleting it, I can sort of reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by javiercr75
polordonez wrote:Sometimes when I make a large portion of the river it's not possible to save, so try not to make big portions and save every portion, as resmota says with too many points (unlimited size) it's better to have a specific river width to avoid the error and lose all your work

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H mediante Tapatalk
Saludos polordonez, un consejo que me compartió EduardoCarvajal, es que no se recomienda hacer segmentos muy largos, pues el script va a tener problemas al convertir de calle a río.
Además, al crear el nuevo segmento de calle para continuar el río se debe tener presente que el punto de unión de la calle creada con el extremo del río debe estar visible en la pantalla para que el script lo tenga en la memoria al convertir a río.
Saludos
javiercr75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by JFeather60
I have been using this script without problems until yesterday when it stopped working. Although the option to convert a street to river exists, nothing happens when choosing to do so. Also, all street to river edits made in the previous few hours were deleted.

I have reinstalled the script, but the issue persists. Any suggestions?
JFeather60
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by JFeather60
Yes, I installed the LA MapRaid overlay. Today all is well for whatever reason. Thank you for checking. This script is invaluable for plotting arroyos where they cross roads in our desert city.
JFeather60
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by jm6087
My guess is that it is because when you drew the street, you overlapped the nodes.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
jangliss wrote:On line 172 in the script, it is looking for the state to be "Insert", it should be "INSERT". Just installed it, and on line 172 I have:

Change it to:

After working with jangliss on it, a better change would be to

if (sel.type == "segment" && sel.state != null && sel.state.toLowerCase() == "insert") {
Just in case the devs change the case again for some unknown reason.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Horizon911 wrote:So everybody fix the script locally/manually? or what happens....?
Until such time as the script is updated, you can temporarily fix it yourself.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ