hud mode... Heads up display

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff do not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: hud mode... Heads up display

Postby karlcr9911 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:21 pm

They have other development priorities. Up-vote the suggestion in the link above your post...that's your best option.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central
iOS Beta Leader / Alpha Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ][ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Head Up Display (HUD) mode

Postby Kiran7777 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:31 am

Can you please add Head Up Display mode in the Waze app please? HUD apps currently available in the App Store are patchy and costly and unpolished. It would be great to have HUD mode available in the Waze app as it is safer to use maps with HUD mode while driving as you don't have to look away from the road to see the navigation instructions. People will have less distraction if they use HUD mode and thus have safer driving.
Kiran7777

Postby Kiran7777 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:58 am

Ok, Vince. Thank you.
Kiran7777

Postby Kiran7777 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:41 pm

I found that people have been requesting for HUD mode since 2013 and it has not been applied into Waze maps yet. This feature could save lives, eliminate one of the causes of distracted driving. I hope Waze Team at least this year puts the HUD mode into Waze.
Kiran7777

Postby Kiran7777 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:08 am

It's so disappointing that all the widely used map apps: Waze maps, Google maps, Apple maps do not have HUD mode. :cry:
Kiran7777

Re: [New Feature Request] HUD mode

Postby Kiran7777 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:10 pm

McSaggyTits wrote:Hi there, I think it would be sweet if we could stick our phone on the dash and it has Head Up Display mode for this APP.
I think it would shorten the time for people who focus way too much on the phone instead of whatever is going on on the road.
Thank you developers :D

HUD holders and dashboard pads are affordable and easily available on popular online stores these days.
Kiran7777

Postby Kiran7777 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:35 am

Navdy is $499. Whereas HUD holders ($13) and dashboard pads ($5) are more affordable. HUD holder + Waze with HUD mode = awesome affordable combination!

Universal Car GPS HUD Head Up Display Holder For iPhone Samsung Smart Mobile Phone Car Navigation Image Reflector Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CKT36HM/re ... Cxb8WB6R21

Premium Cell Pads by SlipToGrip ® TWIN PACK - Two Universal Cell Pads and Alcohol Pad. Sticky Anti-Slip GEL Pads - Holds Cell Phones, Sunglasses, Coins, Golf Cart, Boating, Speakers. REPORT SELLER if no SLIPTOGRP trademark on Cell Pad.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IH5VVHQ/re ... CxbBGRABEN
Kiran7777

Postby krazitoo69 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm

I'd like to see a mirror mode as well. It would make it easier for me to use waze. I guess it will have to wait until Google buys or builds a mirror!
krazitoo69

Postby L-Champignac » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:43 pm

omba_de wrote:Well. A real HUD is great (e.g. in BMW5). But with a normal windshield it's almost impossible to have a real and usable HUD.

Well, can I disagree with you ?
I drive a Toyota Prius and I've been, one night leaving my Samsung near the windshield...
I foud the image absolutly readable except it has a reversed left/right image !
If I had the capability to mirror and reverse the image I should feel to be a jet pilot (!!!)

If you don't believe me I can take a picture ! The contrast and light are just perfectly adjustable and confortable.

Please consider there are other feeling than your !

I apologise I am french and my english is poor.
L-Champignac

Postby L-Champignac » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:49 pm

bloodklot wrote:I would love a HUD display. ... This would ensure that EVERYONE would be using Waze at all times and not just the occasional point a to point b.

+1... I fully agree with you !
I experienced by hazard one night !
Now I feel frustrated ! all nights while driving :?
L-Champignac

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests