Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Post by shrike1978
Hello, everyone. I'm a new area manager in the Atlanta areas. We may have some overlap, GeSpot. I have the areas around Atlanta, Decatur, Forest Park, Jonesboro, Riverdale, Fayetteville, Irondale, and Hampton. I live in Fayetteville and work downtown.
shrike1978
Send a message

Post by slash288
Hi everyone! didn't even know we had forums. im pretty much a pure driver 985/85/285 Flowery branch to windy hill. Use to drive 400/Buford drive to flowery branch/ Alpharetta daily.

haven't got into editing too much yet but I definitely will take a look at the videos and forums for it. would love to get into it.

Just sayin Hi!
slash288
Send a message

Post by spedracr
Currently if the road is a public road without any county/city/state/federal restrictions limiting traffic then it is mapped to allow usage by waze if it provides a faster/shorter route to the entered destination.

I did check state/federal Function Classification and found that Ridge Rd was set as a Primary street instead of a street as it should have been. I have reduced it down from Primary Street to Street. This might reduce the amount of traffic using Ridge Rd.

Thanks for your post

Dennis
spedracr
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by spedracr
Welcome BernardWhitingJr
spedracr
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by spedracr
Welcome GeekyGirl36,

If you ever need any help just ask in our slack team. If you need help with something that is not getting handled in slack then please contact myself or red-nax. We have been appointed the State Managers for Georgia and are here to help.
spedracr
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by squinox
Gespot,

I live in Newnan and have been updating the Newnan area roads that I travel regularly. I've watched the editing videos and have read the best practices. If you see any errors I've made, please let me know what I did wrong and I'll fix them ASAP.
squinox
Send a message

Post by superslacker87
Augusta, GA area manager checking in.
superslacker87
Send a message
Justin Miller
Omaha, NE Area Manager
Running Waze on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and sometimes an iPhone 4
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by tlcarpenter69
Hi,

Been using Waze for about a year now, and I'm just now getting started in the map editing. I've been reading and watching the various info sources, and I've added a few places and their parking lots to get some practice with segments and junctions and turn directions (of course now I've read that the places part is a bit of a hassle for approvers now).

I've noticed on the map a few URs that are in my area (Lawrenceville and most of Gwinnett County) that look easy to resolve, and some are getting some age on them. I've not seen any guidance anywhere yet about who is allowed to work with URs, but I thought I'd check before jumping in.

If allowed, from other forum posts it looks like resolutions would be a combination of conversations with the reporter and maybe driving the route to see the problem in person. And of course, watch for unintended consequences!

Thanks for any advice...
tlcarpenter69
Send a message

Post by tlcarpenter69
Welcome CrossFitGeek! I've come across your name on the map as well. I'm still learning and am constantly going back to the wiki and finding smallish mistakes I made early on. Feel free to PM for any guidance...and something I've learned in the process...spankdog is your friend! He knows everything :) and is willing to mentor us trainees. Don't be afraid to ask.
tlcarpenter69
Send a message