Top Hazard Shortcuts  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Quick Reporting buttons on map view

Postby fwilson67 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 pm

One concern I always have with Waze is the complexity (and possibly danger) of reporting common issues while driving. It would be nice if you could configure 3 or 4 buttons at the side or top of the map view as "one touch" reporting buttons. So for items such as "Object on Road", "Police", "Heavy Traffic", etc. could be reported with a simple single tap. Could be semi transparent buttons even like the +/- so it does not totally obstruct the map.
fwilson67

Re: Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby GTI18T » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm

The marker is dropped where you pressed the "Report" button, not Send. This is great, because it allows you to fill in the details at the next red light and hit Send.

The "Later" button is related. It just saves the location of the marker and gets you back to navigation. Later, when you're able to, you can go back to the report (there will be a link at the bottom of the screen to finish it), fill in the details and hit send. Brilliant!
GTI18T

Adding shortcuts for alerts

Postby gtmongts550 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Is anyone else thinking we should have short cuts to the alerts (most common or even user set) on the side of the screen? Would be much quicker and probably safer to just hit one button and the hazard is set bs tapping multiple screens driving.
gtmongts550

Re: Adding shortcuts for alerts

Postby gtmongts550 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:57 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (94.65 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
gtmongts550

Re: One Touch Reporting

Postby karlmf1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:11 pm

A great idea.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
karlmf1

One Touch Reporting

Postby Kurzxl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:09 pm

It would be great if we could have two to four user defined one touch reporting buttons. For example, to report vehicle on shoulder, would only have to touch this one icon on main screen instead of having to go through other menus. Give us several icons on main screen and let us configure them. Thanks
Kurzxl

Postby LTCavalier » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Waze.JPG
Waze.JPG (81.98 KiB) Viewed 287 times
The drag feature is not a solution. There are still too many steps.

99% of the Hazards I encounter are ‘Objects in the Road’ and ‘Vehicles on the Side of the Road’. There are too many steps to report these Hazards safely.

I would like to be able to set up a Favorite Hazards button on the main screen. Maybe like a Top 3 Hazards.
Allow us to combine the 5 steps into a ONE PUSH Favorites Button on the map. Better yet, have the app recognize the most used combinations and allow a Single button to send the Top 3 Hazards.

Five steps keep my eyes off the road for too long and will get a user in an accident. It also deters me from reporting hazards to help others.

Hope you find a way to do this for us.

Thank you.
LTCavalier
LTCavalier

Postby LTCavalier » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Sorry about that. I guess I had the misguided notion that Waze App developers would actually take notice of what their 'community' liked and disliked about their product. My bad.
LTCavalier

Postby LTCavalier » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 pm

I will head over to the suggestion box. Thanks for the link.
LTCavalier

Postby MGODLEW » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:39 pm

You can use Voice Commands
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests