Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

New iPhone beta version: 1.5.9.4

Post by
The new beta version has a big performance improvement which should also improve the battery consumption. You can pick it up from
http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/ver ... .5.9.4.ipa
As usual, we'll be grateful for feedback.

POSTER_ID:64

Send a message

Post by cobra
It appears to hang for me. I started it, and then tried to open the version dialog. It said 'seeking gps' and did not respond. It seemed to freeze for about 30 seconds. Then it updated a lot of the user interface all at once, including displaying the about dialog.

The new zoom in/out animation is pretty slick. :)

Sometimes when I go to the report screen, and then press the back button, the animation is rather odd. It will scroll the upper menu bar to the right first, then pause a second, then scroll the lower screen portion to the right.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
jeremymc7 wrote:For those of us that haven't rooted their iPhone whats the typical turn to between these betas getting released and making their way to Apple submission? Understanding their additional and unpredicable time for Apple to release to app store.
You do understand that waze has some beta testers that aren't bypassing the authentication, right? ;)
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
I saw a lot of crashes tonight using routing. I sent logs, it crashed 3 times while routing, then I ran it without routing for a while and it was stable.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
My points dropped about 4k after switching to the beta, but I thought it was the normal overnight process where the server was updating points. Maybe it's not? It hasn't updated the count since.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
Lemon wrote:
jeremymc7 wrote:
cobra wrote:You do understand that waze has some beta testers that aren't bypassing the authentication, right? ;)
If there's a way to do that I want in ! ! !
you need a jailbroken iphone but you can do it...
No, I meant there are a bunch of us on the waze beta list. Unfortunately Apple limits the number of people waze can add to that list.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
Same here. My points froze when installing the new beta. rank dropped below 100! :cry:
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
The .4 beta is running much better for me, no further crashes while routing. It's much improved! Thanks!
cobra
Send a message

Post by falum
Just added another 20 miles using the new client and feels solid. I like the zoom but would prefer to be able to hold a + or - and it keep zooming instead of repeatedly pressing button. Also I don't know if its linked but I've gone from about 60k points to 11k overnight. Hoping it will rectify over night.
falum
Send a message

Post by falum
Going on from my post a few days ago I am still showing as losing 60 thousand points on my iphone yet if I use my wifes hero it shows the correct 77k. Is anyone else seeing lost points on their iphone recently?

(as to the zoom thing I ment smooth zooming by pressing and holding the + button instead of incremental zooms per button press)
falum
Send a message

Post by FTBoomer
WOW, So I used the new beta tonight, talk about GPS lag. Very choppy on my 3GS. screen showed my position roughly 3-5 seconds after my turn (was always instant on all other versions). I'll test again tomorrow.
FTBoomer
Send a message
https://www.ssbn640.com/neowinsig.jpg
Area Manager - Florida
iPhone 4