Top Hazard Shortcuts  Topic is solved

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
[ img ]

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Top Hazard Shortcuts

Postby vince1612 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:33 pm

brucemathtutor wrote:If texting and driving is an issue - imagine five clicks.!!

Did you try holding the report button to bring up the quick reports ? (If you got iOS only for now)
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

One Tap Shortcut

Postby skytracker104 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:42 pm

it would be nice to have a One Tap (shortcut) to highlight Police, Construction or Traffic instead of the multiple menus.
skytracker104

Need Preset Hazard Buttons

Postby trasmc » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:19 pm

I would love if there were the option to have preset buttons on the main screen for items (hazards, police, etc.) you frequently enter.

I usually see and enter only a few things - vehicle stopped on shoulder and police (visible). But when I do, I have to hit the "map pin" button --> Hazard --> Shoulder --> Vehicle Stopped --> Send

That's five taps on the screen while I'm driving. I know there are verbal cues you can give Waze, but often these are inaccurate and almost always they interfere or interrupt whatever I'm listening to.

Why not have Waze created (or better yet user created) presets that come up on the main screen with a single tap? I would love a single button on the main screen that does all of this. Or even a single button with a confirmation to SEND. Sort of a macro for the various most frequently submitted items.
trasmc

Add the ability to 'Quick Report' for later options

Postby agbyoung » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:01 am

Hello Wazers!
Sometimes reporting can be dangerous while driving, don't get me wrong, the app has a good way to report quickly and safely.
However, There should be an option to 'Quick Report' meaning. That when clicked, a 'pin' is dropped on the map; When the driver stops or gets to their destination they can fill in the details of there report then.

So if they see a cop or a pothole or construction while driving, they can 'quick report' it (only they see it) then when they stop driving they can go through their 'Quick Reports' and update the details.
Now of course this is only good for a small bit of time. A cop isn't going to still be there if they completed their drive 45 minutes later. However it is good while at a stoplight, or in a parking lot, or at a gas station, and quick drives.

I've always expected an option for this but I thought I'd share. Please leave your feedback and/or tweaks on how this could work. Critisim is welcome, but be nice :)
agbyoung

Re: Add the ability to 'Quick Report' for later options

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:23 am

agbyoung wrote:Hello Wazers!
Sometimes reporting can be dangerous while driving, don't get me wrong, the app has a good way to report quickly and safely.
However, There should be an option to 'Quick Report' meaning. That when clicked, a 'pin' is dropped on the map; When the driver stops or gets to their destination they can fill in the details of there report then.

So if they see a cop or a pothole or construction while driving, they can 'quick report' it (only they see it) then when they stop driving they can go through their 'Quick Reports' and update the details.
Now of course this is only good for a small bit of time. A cop isn't going to still be there if they completed their drive 45 minutes later. However it is good while at a stoplight, or in a parking lot, or at a gas station, and quick drives.

I've always expected an option for this but I thought I'd share. Please leave your feedback and/or tweaks on how this could work. Critisim is welcome, but be nice :)

Hold the report button and quick reports options will show up, select one, that will save the location on the map for placing the pin later. Once you've done that you can keep driving, the report window should minimize itself and you can complete the details and send it later, whenever you feel safe doing it, by pressing the minimized report icon to open the full window again.
[ img ]
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Quick report toolbar

Postby ThomasBeckstrom » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 am

I think it would be valuable to have a configurable "quick report toolbar" available on the map so that a user could predefine their most commonly used reports ("vehicle stopped on shoulder", "visible police", etc.) and drop them with one tap. This would be helpful because fewer taps means less distraction while driving, and it would take less time to report an event, thus improving the accuracy of the map.
ThomasBeckstrom

Re: Quick report toolbar

Postby vince1612 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:48 am

ThomasBeckstrom wrote:I think it would be valuable to have a configurable "quick report toolbar" available on the map so that a user could predefine their most commonly used reports ("vehicle stopped on shoulder", "visible police", etc.) and drop them with one tap. This would be helpful because fewer taps means less distraction while driving, and it would take less time to report an event, thus improving the accuracy of the map.

As per the [Guidelines] How to request and search for new features which are visible at the top of the Waze App Feature Requests forum section. Please always search and post in existing threads before opening brand new ones.

I've moved your message into the appropriate thread.
[ img ]
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Quick report toolbar

Postby Ankh-Morpork » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:02 am

ThomasBeckstrom wrote:I think it would be valuable to have a configurable "quick report toolbar" available on the map so that a user could predefine their most commonly used reports ("vehicle stopped on shoulder", "visible police", etc.) and drop them with one tap. This would be helpful because fewer taps means less distraction while driving, and it would take less time to report an event, thus improving the accuracy of the map.

I'd love that. I must be a minority as I never see vehicles stopped on shoulders, or police traps. I do see unlisted road works here and there. So a configurable quick report would help a lot
My Waze is having issues with voice commands, so touch-screen reporting is my only option. But as is, I agree with the majority in this thread that there are too many actions. I do not feel I can report safely at the moment, so I don't. :( Tbh, I haven't tried the 'hold finger on report button' trick yet, I just read about that. But then again, I don't want to keep my hands off the wheel for too long. Country lanes driving means I need to focus instead of tapping screens.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Ankh-Morpork
Map Raider
Map Raider

Location: Marmite Central, also known as Burton on Trent, UK.

Adding shortcuts for alerts

Postby gtmongts550 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Is anyone else thinking we should have short cuts to the alerts (most common or even user set) on the side of the screen? Would be much quicker and probably safer to just hit one button and the hazard is set bs tapping multiple screens driving.
gtmongts550

Re: Adding shortcuts for alerts

Postby gtmongts550 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:57 pm

image.jpeg
(94.65 KiB) Downloaded 910 times
gtmongts550

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests