Please add a permalink of the segments you wish to unlock

[Done] L3 > L2 Parkmore, Sandton

Post by Neuk
Hi all

I posted this earlier in the week but I haven't had any response...

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=198585

All the road closure segments are Level 3 so I cannot update them.

Thanks
Nic
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8330821

Send a message
Last edited by Neuk on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by elphix
Neuk wrote:Arg, I am having issues with the restrictions, for some reason I save a restriction on a Sat from 00:00 to 08:00 but when I go back to the restriction setup a while later it is saved as All day. Has anybody has this issue before?
Could be an overflow of sorts. I changed it by one minute and it seems to accept it now.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
Neuk wrote:Did you change it from say 00:00 to 00:01? I am trying this and it seems to be working.
Yup, exactly that.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
Hi Nic,

If you include the selected segments in a permalink for the roads in question, we can easily unlock them for you to make the required modifications.
I have unlocked all the segments in the vicinity that were at L3 and had time restrictions on, if you want to correct them, seeing that you did all the homework already.

Regards

Carel
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
Hi Nic,

This segment applies :
It looks like the calculations for the times might not like the midnight (00:00) to 08h00.
If I use midnight to 06:00, it's correct initially until refreshed, then it reflects "All Day" again.
If I save it as from 00:01 to 06:00 Sat, it keeps it correctly. It also keeps it after the save if I enter it as Friday 23:59 to 06:00, with the warning indicator that the restriction ends on the next day, i.e. Sat, which is also fine.
I think it's probably 'safer' to let it start 1 minute earlier in this case.

Time Based Restrictions are discussed in the Wiki at https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Partial_restrictions#Entering_midnight, but I see no specific mention of the behaviour of restrictions STARTING at midnight.

Regards

Carel
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Neuk
Carel

Great, thanks so much, I'll start with the road sections that you have changed permissions on and go from there. I'll only get a chance this evening after work and it will take a few days.

Thanks
Nic
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
Arg, I am having issues with the restrictions, for some reason I save a restriction on a Sat from 00:00 to 08:00 but when I go back to the restriction setup a while later it is saved as All day. Has anybody has this issue before?
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
elphix wrote:Permalink
Neuk wrote:Arg, I am having issues with the restrictions, for some reason I save a restriction on a Sat from 00:00 to 08:00 but when I go back to the restriction setup a while later it is saved as All day. Has anybody has this issue before?
Could be an overflow of sorts. I changed it by one minute and it seems to accept it now.
Thanks Elphix. Did you change it from say 00:00 to 00:01? I am trying this and it seems to be working.
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
Carel

Thanks, that is what I am finding as well, it is sporadic though. I am updating all the time based restrictions in the area and changing how some of the access has been modelled, as in most cases an entire road has the time based restriction instead of merely a small section which would limit Waze routing more accurately.

Thanks
Nic
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Neuk
elphix wrote:
Neuk wrote:Did you change it from say 00:00 to 00:01? I am trying this and it seems to be working.
Yup, exactly that.
Thanks Kyle.
Neuk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message