Post by jasonh300
mjhmjh2 wrote:https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8 ... directlink

The dashis only a little bit behind the score shown in the client scoreboard, I guess due to the once a day update.

Today, my client shows rank 18,282; points 10,212; 2454 points to the next level.

Thanks for your help.
In not sure why you think you're missing any points.

You've driven 2928 km at 3.2 points per km. 9369 points

You've munched about a km of cookies at 10 points per km. 10 points

You've posted 21 alerts at 6 points each. 126 points

9505 points.

The dashboard shows you have 10188 points, meaning you got 683 points from somewhere else.

The dashboard doesn't itemize the bonus candies you may have picked up as you've progressed, or fuel price reports, so that may be where the extra points came from.

The points on the scoreboard never match the dashboard exactly. Nobody has ever been able to give us an answer why.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
mjhmjh2 wrote:The mileage points haven't changed at all in 4 weeks of driving 350+ miles each of those 4 weeks. However the traffic report one has.

So every day I am driving around 70 miles, 35 to work and 35 back plus normal weekend miles on top. Every day I check the dashboard. Driving alerts are updated but 'new kilometers' always shows 0.

I even found a road that needed 'munching' and drive that to make sure it was picking up the fact if driven. That updated correctly.

So why am I not getting any mileage points? Do u have to do a weekly minimum first?
There is only one line for points. The one at the top where it says "10188 points". This covers all of the points you get for everything you do.

Your cumulative mileage (kilometrage) shows under "Existing Kilometers". "New Recorded Kilometers" is for paving, something that you might never do unless you're in a country with a completely undeveloped map.

If you still think something is wrong, post a new screenshot tomorrow of your updated dashboard (don't delete today's screenshot) and I'll give you further analysis.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
seanhussey wrote:I am also having an issue with points showing up. I'm a new user, but I apparently created an account over 2 years ago. Once I got access back to that account, I was able to use the app just fine.

However, while the app says I'm picking up points (25 points for first 10 miles, 6 points here and there for reports, 25 bonus points for...I don't know what, but I drove over/through it on the map), my point total is 12.

Is the calculator just slow? By my count, on Monday I had 0 points. I accumulated at least 62 points that day (first 10 miles = 25, 2 reports = 12, first report = 25), but on Tuesday, the dashboard said I only had 6.

On Tuesday I drove a small bit, picked up some random 25-point bonus, sent a report or two, and got the 100-point bonus for driving twice in one week. My point total on Wednesday is 12.

Is the dashboard just days-slow in calculations? The bonus points list shows I've hit 3 items so far (150 points total), but those aren't reflected elsewhere.

If calculations aren't this slow, is there any chance my old-and-unused-until-very-recently account missed some sort of migration?

Thanks very much, everyone.

-----EDIT
To confirm, I am logging into the North America version of Waze, not the World version. The app and web dashboards agree on points and rank, it's just that they're not correct. The only points I have are for driving 2.5 miles. The rank was last updated at 6.11.2013, 23:50, so that says to me my other points should be included by now.

If there are any other basic things I should check, I will, but this seems to cover what's in the FAQ.
It generally takes about a week for a new user's account to start updating. Give it 4 or 5 more days. It shows your account was created June 10, 2013.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
seanhussey wrote:
Photo 1.jpg
Attached is the dashboard from the app. It says I joined 2 years ago, which is when I first downloaded and tried the app. I didn't use it after that until this week. I also had never logged into the website until this week.

As for the points, I'll just be patient and see what happens in a few days.

Thank you!
The only truly accurate dashboard is the one on the website. The app usually tries to keep up, but the one to check is on the website. I don't know why it should your account as only a couple of days old, but your dashboard probably is based on that date also.

Get a screen capture of your website dashboard for a few days in a row and if things don't normalize, post them, or PM them to me and I'll see what I can find out.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonm128
Looks like the weekly points are just going to be the same as the all-time points again this week. :(
jasonm128
Send a message
Area Manager : NW Suburbs of Boston, MA
HTC Droid DNA - Android 4.4.2 - Verizon
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by jenLOI
Thank you for this wonderful guide.
jenLOI
Send a message

Post by jenncard
@dae each 500 edits gets you a 750 candy thrown down on your route.

I alternate between editing mode and driving mode. This week has been mostly driving, so lots of bonbons but not any dramatic point increase!
jenncard
Send a message
https://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8358/em04.png
Recovering Waze addict, occasional driver and editor in LA.

Post by jenncard
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:That's traveling 113MPH for 7 days without stopping and not being on any roads not munched.
Options:
1. Excellent fuel economy, fast car, and straight roads!
2. Wazing while flying and paving?
3. Area 51... :-D
jenncard
Send a message
https://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8358/em04.png
Recovering Waze addict, occasional driver and editor in LA.

Post by jmp316
Yep. My points actually decreased, despite driving a ton lately. I'm. Not. Happy.
jmp316
Send a message

Post by jmp316
Looks ALOT better today!!! Thanks!!!
jmp316
Send a message