Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

This forum is about the search function in the Waze App. Use it to talk about anything related to searching on your app.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Can't add a friend who is a Waze user

Postby girl_in_joy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 am

Waze­ displays contacts th­at are synced to a Go­ogle account, meanin­g if any contacts are­ saved in another pla­ce, Waze will not rea­d them. Ensure­ you've synced your c­ontacts with a Google­ account so that all ­your contacts will ap­pear properly in Waze­.
girl_in_joy

Postby Glparke » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Been happening to me as well. Some friends on Waze don't show as belonging to Waze.
Glparke

Re: Contacts Not Appearing in Search Results

Postby gurusonwheels » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:01 am

i send invites but it only sends a sms to the friend with a link to the android store .
there is no way to accept the invite .
gurusonwheels

Postby Hawk1911 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:14 am

Even after following the FAQ I have been unable to add ANYONE from my contacts (because none of my contacts are showing up) and I can't even manually add the phone number into the "add contact" location either. Galaxy S5. My friend who's the one who suggested this app to me is also having the same problem.

My issue is that this app is on the very device that has all of my contacts on it, the contacts that pertain to my phone so why is it that giving access to this app for some reason does not produce this function properly? Why do I ALSO have to sync my data to Google, which I do not wish to do?
Hawk1911

Postby helifino206 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:02 am

That friend may have 'Go Invisible' checked. Send the invite...
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iedutz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 am

come-on Waze! what the hack? the bug is reported from so long time and there is no fix!
what are you doing? people will start migrate to other applications !!!
iedutz

Re: Search doesn't find contacts on Android

Postby Ikaikahawaii » Thu May 12, 2016 12:11 am

Same problem here I have a Galaxy Note5 and 7 edge. neither can find contacts. well actually the note 5 can find one contact and neither can find each other using different accounts but correct info in contacts. What the hell do we do?
Ikaikahawaii

Re: Problem: Waze don't find contacts

Postby JaFiNinja » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Waze doesn't take contacts from exchange and similar accounts. If you want to see your contact, copy (move) contact into your phone. It's workarround only...
JaFiNinja

Postby JagFanCL » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:53 am

Any success here? My iPhone5 is working perfectly, but my 5s is exhibiting the same exact behavior you're seeing. Settings->Waze doesn't show any Contacts settings. Settings -> Privacy -> Contacts doesn't show Waze. I've verified my phone number multiple times. Reinstalling didn't resolve it, and it never asked me for permission to access my contacts.
JagFanCL

Postby JagFanCL » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:48 pm

SOLVED! Once Waze asked for permission to access my contacts, everything was solved. The trick was to get Waze to actually *ASK FOR PERMISSION*. That turned out to be challenging. Instructions said that attempting to add friends from contacts would cause the permission grant request, so I figured I'd try that.

Instructions said to go to friends (on V4 for iOS, tap the head in lower right of main map screen) and then click the 'Add Friends' icon, but I couldn't see an 'Add Friends' icon from the Friends pane. I finally found that pretty much by accident; if you swipe down on the Friends pane, the Search and '+' boxes will appear. Press '+', select 'Find friends from contacts', and then Waze will ask for permission. Once I did that, I was able to search contacts directly from the navigation window.
JagFanCL

PreviousNext

Return to Search