Post by KTCAOP
I believe there are two ways to report in the application - this is from my understanding of other people as I personally have an iOS device therefore I do not have access to the function yet. - Please correct me if I am wrong! =D

- One is to press onto the speedometer which will send the report at approximately the speed that you are traveling (which is most likely where a lot of the noise is coming from - I would respond stating that around this location they reported some speed, if they can recall where the sign is etc., it can also be that if they are reporting a lower speed limit, again, they may not have an understanding of how the speed limit function works).

The other is the normal UR route if I recall correctly. I'll see if I can pull screenshots from other people o_o.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
SeveriorumPatrem - Again that was from my observations of different - I may be wrong but that is how I figured such things as an 88 might be offered. This is all hear-say from me since I don't have it personally and can't play around with it. Will edit/adjust that post as I gather more data.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Probably could be used as evidence for either argument really

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
atrophicshiner wrote:The SL report function has just been activated in iOS... Things can only get better.

I am a little bemused, sat stationary on my street and tapping the speedometer I get the options to report 20, 40, 60 or other. This street is already set at 30 :cry:
That actually makes sense...

The speed limit on the segment is at 30. You are going to be reporting that there is an incorrect speed. Therefore?
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Sorry, we are talking about slightly separate things.

For a speed limit that is already set - it should not suggest the speed limit that is equivalent to those segments already set.

I have played a good bit with the speed limit reporting function and I am fairly confident as to what someone else reported that the speed limits offered are very heavily determined by the road segment type - and not much of anything else outside of what I stated in the beginning of this post.
KTCAOP
Send a message

KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I have been seeing a few reports of people not really understanding that they sent in a report. I believe there is a bit of a walkthrough where they encourage people to make a report and they go through the motions, but thinking it is more of a tutorial than actually sending a report.

Either way - thank them for the response, let them know if they have any problems to send in a report and mark as not identified XD.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
People will be trying to submit that the speed limit is "other" - and then they see that actual UR interface and can't be bothered to type in the information while driving and will just hit send, and/or users may not actually know that they are sending the reports, there have been a few reports of people sending reports not actually knowing that they are reporting something.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
This week I have worked through several hundred speed limit URs in various parts of the country outside of London and would say that over 90% are genuine and relate to valid issues.

Other than the problems of duplicated reports by the same users at the same time I have found that nearly all have been related to missing limits on Primary Streets or Streets, and a few highlighting recently changed limits, particularly urban limits being reduced from 30 to 20.
BTW I've seen (and corrected) areas of London with that issue before, where someone has incorrectly assumed that residential roads are 30 as per StreetView images but the borough has already introduced 20 limits.

Very occasionally the speed reported is incorrect, but I think this is finger trouble and in some cases the users has immediately pressed the right icon and so there are 2 reports, one wrong, one right.
I believe that the odd speed limits (e.g. 31) are from users running the app in metric, i.e. kph, as they usually convert to a multiple of 10; i.e. 50kph = 31mph.

I agree that the flood of reports without warning is annoying, but the fact is that that the majority of roads do not yet have limits and so releasing the speed limit feature was always going to mean users start noticing the places where it is not set. Personally I think it's good that they are now a distinct type of report so you can filter then out using URO+ or UR-MP and deal with other issues first if you choose to.

Cheers, Andrew
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
That's really interesting as I'm finding the exact opposite - 90% are useful.

Agree - it would be great to see username in order to be sure that a cluster of reports are from the same user and then you could close them all, but I haven't had the issue of no route fragment showing, so I suspect that was just the normal UR rules of not showing it if it very close to the start or end point.

The other issue I've seen in Scotland is confusion (by both users and editors) between 20mph limits and the 20 advisory zones which are marked using 20 signs with green roundels.
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message