Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Waze staff does not read this forum

This forum is made for community discussions only.
To submit a feature request to Waze, read and follow the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features".

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Trucks, RVs etc.. specs for routing

Postby KTCAOP » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:34 pm

The "best way in Waze" (meaning the best that we have) is to put in the final destination first, and then put in your first stop. After reaching your first stop, put in your second, stop, so on and so forth.

Rest stop locations are added in some states I believe. Weigh stations I am not aware of right now.
KTCAOP

Re: Trucks contribution

Postby m4rc072 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Absolutely to implement for two reasons, the first one: it is already possible and already we're putting restrictions for heavy vehicles by WME. In addition, lower speed of TIR on some Highways / roads falsifies the data of average speeds and therefore the ETA. So it's definitely something to be implemented even in the algorithm of calculating average speeds on that particular client is used on a truck (lower average speed). It would also be useful to include in addition to heavy vehicles, including Public Transport, so as to use didicated lanes.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
WAZE latest Beta, Android 9 on Honor 10
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby m4rc072 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:51 am

Unfortunately for the moment this matter is closed, it does not fall in the Waze road Map

Inviato dal mio OPO con tapatalk
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
WAZE latest Beta, Android 9 on Honor 10
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Set speed for ETA (caravan)

Postby ManuelTn78 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:28 am

Please give a choice to set MAX speed on higway, if i tow a caravan , MAX speed is 100km/h in germany and 80 km/h in Italy .
Eta is wrong!
ManuelTn78

Caravan Routes

Postby NevilleEden » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:17 pm

It would be great if there were features to be able to flag and avoid routes NOT suitable for caravans. E.g. Due to excessive gradient or narrow roads or tight bends.
Any plans to add that feature???
NevilleEden

Postby Op3nsrc » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:04 pm

I didn't want to recreate the same request, but this would be a great feature! I use Waze when pulling my 30-ft camper, and there are times I can't trust the route chosen, because sometimes the roads aren't easily drivable when one's vehicle is really long. Even something in the settings to specify vehicle length. Then it's a simple calculation in the app: vehicle X ft long can't make a 44-degree turn due to length exceeding turn radius.
Op3nsrc

Re: truck driving features

Postby ps_au » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:05 pm

It's a good idea salty2010, however the only problems I see here is that we would have to remap 1/2 the roads again to permit semi trailers/road trains, etc...
I doubt we would see a bridge height restriction (could happen with Google though!) in Waze as this uses a lot of resources and would only benefit the few and not the many.
With all due respect to Waze, there are many 'dedicated' Truck GPS units available on the global market that would far exceed what Waze could offer a truck driver.
ps_au

Re: truck driving features

Postby ps_au » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:44 am

Not a bad idea (I'm a ex truckie myself so I can see what you want to achieve). In Australia we have a similar system where as class A & Class B would be seen as multi-combination, semi-trailer (or reefer), then Class C would be rigid.
Is this similar in your county? Also what Is Class B RV?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4
ps_au

Re: Trucks contribution

Postby rarebyte » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:56 am

This does look like part of my request: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=657&t=113062 ... mine is also for "nice car" roads, but it's essentially the same problem... you don't want to end up on some roads with some kind of vehicles.

It would be a huge thing when implemented as no other GPS system I know does it.

Regards,
Sven
rarebyte

Re: Set speed for ETA (caravan)

Postby red-nax » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:19 am

Speed limits were only recently introduced and therefore don't factor into ETA. More information can be found in this thread.
red-nax
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App Feature Requests