These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by autourdupc
I use to get some alerts about traffic in this case... !
The traffic jam is at the opposite of my way, and I get an alert !
Very boring and not usefull !
screenshot-1332999555372.png
(185.05 KiB) Downloaded 623 times
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
This morning, after driving half of an hour, I decide to watch my points in "My Waze" menu.
All worked fine, and when trying to go back to the map, it was black !
When going again into menu, no map !
screenshot-1332999876576.png
(84.05 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Sometimes, when shutting-down Waze, it hangs and the phone also hangs.
I tested to wait for one hour, no possibility to get control on my phone.
I have to remove the battery.
In this case, no log to send !

Sometimes, after 10 minutes, I can get control of my phones, sometimes not.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by avozetta
I had a crash this morning when navigating, the phone rebooted. Logs are sent. Using HTC Sensation Android 2.3.4.
avozetta
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
/Anders
Sweden Wiki Master, Sweden Waze Champ, Sweden Country Manager, AM in Sweden/Stockholm area, Waze Beta Tester
Sony Xperia 5 IV Android 13

Post by bobsk8
First time on my trip home from work tonight, I had real problems. Program crashed after about 8 minutes. Then, I restarted it and tried to send a hazard warning, and it wouldn't go though. Then about 8 minutes later it locked up my phone, and I had to reboot the phone. Five minutes later it crashed again requiring a restart. First time I have had these problems.
bobsk8
Send a message
Nexus 4
Atlanta, GA.

Post by Bombebomb
I never read the entire thread, but I will post my findings anyway.

It seems to run normal, however it now will cause my Samsung Droid Charge with factory android on it to reboot once, once it reboots, I reopen and it works fine.

Has this this several times.

In short

Samsung Droid Charge
Factory Android 3.x
Hard reboots often on first start up of waze

I have tried killing most apps before starting waze, and just starting it up normal.
Bombebomb
Send a message
Last edited by Bombebomb on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by CBenson
No, they are road type: streets.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Autourdupc wrote:For those who are running Latitude and personal tracking, it seem that is makes Waze becoming very very slow. The map is not refreshed correctly and our icon is moving jerkily...
I had to disable personal latitude tracking.
I run Latitude and waze simultaneously with no problem.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Charles-McR
V3.0.1.0 running fine on both my phone and my new tablet (details in signature)
Charles-McR
Send a message
Phone:Google Pixel 4a Rom:Stock (Android 11)

Post by cheniro
southdave wrote:Samsung Galaxy SII v2.3.3

After i installed the new version i am still having a few issues. Whenever it has crashed i have sent off the logs.

The new release does appear to be getting quicker and quicker.

The default setting after install for Unit was KM again instead of what i had set it to (Mile). I have reported this for each upgrade i have performed.

I have also got a bit closer to pinning down all my crashes.

Every single one i have seen since the upgrade to 3.0.1 has been tile related and i have been able to reproduce some of them just by navigating around. I have tried a cache clear as well as re- caching my ocal tiles

Most of the issues i can see (as i don't have my eyes on the screen all the time im driving) are when i increase my speed and the map zooms out, it then struggles to draw/download the tiles, hangs for about 30s to a min and then offeres up Force Close. Sometimes if i leave it i find that i am still being offered navigation direction via voice in the background with the force close in the foreground. Not knowning the code but this might be related to some tile code (downloading / displaying) not releasing back to the OS regularly enough for Android to be happy (stuck download/display thread etc).

The last issue i am still having is related to the overlay that displays the the directions (at the top of the screen) and the time/distance/speed at the bottom. Often they will all just turn grey but the background map will continue to update and i will continue to get voice directions. If i select Menu/report while in this state either the dialog window will all be grey or the whole screen will go grey (back key returns to map with grey over lays). This usually does not lead to a crash but i close and restart to get the rest of the graphics back.

Kepp up the good work and i hope you can fix some of the last crashes as it is by far my best GPS tool i have on my Android at the moment.

Dave
Dave, for the last issue can you please upload a screenshot?
Regarding your crashes we found the logs and the dev team will take a look at it.

I would like to thank you and all of you guys for your feedbacks, we are reading it all and everything is documented.
Nir
cheniro
Send a message