Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.38 Jan 2024

Post by Timbones
Here's my script which adds color highlighting to segments and landmarks according to their status and type. The highlighting of segments is likely to be most useful, for it shows locked and un-named roads (with many other features since the first version). Click on the link below to see full changelog.

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... lights.png

:arrow: Install WME Color Highlights script from Greasy Fork - requires Tampermonkey extension
:!: Chrome Extension is no longer supported

:ugeek:

Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
:arrow: BETA version v1.6.1
  • Added option to invert City filter (thanks bensmithurst)
Means you can highlight all segments which are not in a chosen city.
Doesn't include 'No city' segments - use the separate highlight option for them.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
PhantomSoul wrote:Perhaps the RevCons and SelfCons should only be highlighted for Area Managers (Level 3 and up)? I think the script already does that for some other things. Maybe it already does it for this too?
Yes, it does this already.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
I'm afraid not. The script is deliberately coded to only show turn issues on major roads to encourage responsible editing.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
orbitc wrote:Or... Is it possible to tell us what to change within the script to be able to that?
Search the code for "#f40". That line, and the previous line with "#f00" are the two red colours used for locked roads. You'll probably want to change the "#f00" one, as the second is not used.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
stefan147 wrote:Is it possible to change the Red locked color in a color that flashes? Maybe green or something like that. Because it's hard to see if a Major is locked (lower level) or not.
I shall consider adding this in a future version when I have time.

Meanwhile, the easiest solution is to (temporarily) disable the Road layer with Shift+R. Then the highlights are easy to see.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
The "Locked" option now displays 2 colors: red = locked but editable by you; black = locked at a higher level.

The "Toll" option shows blue dashes for unlocked toll segments, and red dashes for locked toll segments even if "Locked" option is off.

Hope that makes sense.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
jasonroseweir wrote:I am now sometimes seeing a dotted orange line, when I have the No Name (Orange) option selected, on segments that appear to be correctly named.

What does this represent?
This is an undocumented feature (easter egg) for UK editors to indicate that the road names have incorrect or missing abbreviations. As Iain correctly pointed out, the dot was missing from "St".

I considered if and how I would support this worldwide, but decided it would be a nightmare to maintain.
If anyone wants to make this work for their own country, feel free to edit the code ;)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
PS: Thanks to everyone who's submitted feature requests and code - I will considering adding them in the future.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Thortok2000
With the new road layer, some of these highlights can be confusing and make it hard to determine the road type underneath them. A one-way minor looks like a major, a one-way major looks like a freeway, etc. Also a street with no name looks sorta like a primary. Can we tweak the default colors or even have the option to change them?
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^