Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by tonestertm
ply8808 wrote:Turn restrictions are shown, to include the false turn restrictions, as well as the correct ones....
Refresh or movement of entire shown screen will eliminate the false indication.
For the record, I ran in to something like this yesterday, as well, but didn't have the time or tenacity to narrow it down the way ply8808 did (nice work!). I just assumed it had something to do with looking at something outside of my editable area.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
Taco909 wrote:... because there are a LOT of base-import gas stations remaining that are set to type "point" and only the small box... frequently half a block away from the actual station.
How can they be set to Point and show a small box? :)
Many editors don't ever bother with the Places layer, and, as you've noticed, a lot of those gas station imports never got set up properly. Don't forget to add the address.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
What he said ^^^ I was a little surprised when the feature was announced that I had to go in and enable them. I think we might get more widespread use of the technique if more editors were aware of this capability.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
I wonder if it might be possible to create a marker/indicator of some sort which would show "hotspots", (large numbers of URs, tightly clustered) from a relatively high altitude, so they are quickly identifiable in areas where UR display is constrained at lower zooms. This would help greatly with finding trouble spots which have had a recent change, but might not be easily noticed for one reason or another. It would be really swell to be able to pan the map at zoom 0 and see issues like these which have popped up. ;)
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
I'm finding the addition of SL-info to popups to be both boon and bane, much like the popup which persists anytime you're working over an Area Place. I want the information, but I want the popups to go away when I'm done with them for the moment, and attempting to work on the location.

I wonder if it would be possible, and valuable to anyone else, to implement a keyboard shortcut, which kills hover popups, but only until the next Save operation, after which they would be re-enabled? (This, as opposed to having to go into URO settings and enable/disable constantly).
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
Time for another of my Outrageous Requests™.... :)

It would be pretty darn cool if there were an option offered that, when you selected a UR, and there were others in the immediate vicinity which were posted within, say +/- two minutes of that one, they would be "indicated" in some way (perhaps filter all others out? - maybe too drastic...), so you could see when one reporter keeps hitting the UR button, thinking it will change something.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
Sadly, with the disabling of features, URO will now be disabled most of the time, for me. That's a deal-killer.
Closure failures are a thing to be dealt with by HQ, but other functionality should not be disabled because of it.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by TonyG-UK
This is causing a problem with the display of approved speed cameras with the latest WME update. They disappear from the map.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by turbomkt
iainhouse wrote:I don't like to impose on other editors, in particular newer editors who are just getting involved but . . . one of the features of the feed that has been very much wanted by the global community is notification of PMs.

I currently have 22 unread PMs in my Outbox, mostly trying to contact editors who have made a mistake in their editing and to help them learn and rectify the problem. Several time a year in the UK we have to block an editor who is damaging the map to try and force contact: this is an unpleasant thing to do and is likely to scare them away. With PM notifications now showing up in WME, it will be much easier to contact them.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have the ability to hide PM notifications at all, although that may be appropriate. I can think of several options:
  • Don't allow PM notifications to be filtered at all
  • Only allow recent PMs to be filtered - say anything over 1 week old still appears in the list
  • Make the filtering less easy - say you have to type a passphrase into a box to filter PMs
  • Have PM filtering automatically turn off once a week
  • Only allow senior editors (L3+ or L4+) to filter PM notifications
  • Provide some other warning when there are PMs. Perhaps you could use some highlighting on the "Feed Filter Controls" text or the "Load More" button, say a red or flashing background?
  • Don't filter PMs from senior editors (if that's even possible)
That's actually a great point that I hadn't thought of. That said, the people we would be PMing probably aren't using URO+ or any other script, so there's probably not a lot at stake. $.02
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
KuniaKid wrote:Popup info windows are generated directly under cursor not allowing selection of item.
This. It would be nice for pop ups to be offset in some way. Not sure if a corner (Places?) or slightly offset from cursor location so things aren't obscured. Otherwise, I leave pop ups off for segments at the least.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)