Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Superfraggle
I think thats the problem, its not thats it not doable, its that its a bit of a dirty hack.

There are apps out there that work, but from what I read - (certainly not all of it, and I am not an expert in the android libraries/coding - YET lol) but judging by the comments of the available apps and even the description of some of them, they work in most cases, but some roms just don't work.

I saw some cases where people had to make a call to start the stream off, and make another call and end it to stop the stream.

I honestly don't know though. Certainly worth raising a request for and see what waze say, given that it is currently available on iphone, I would imagine there is a reason its not on android, but of course I could be wrong. And I hope I am for all those want it.
Superfraggle
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///AvrXT[/img][img]https:///p9mgM[/img]

Post by Superfraggle
There are third party apps that allow you to do what you require. Android sorts most of the routing out so whilst possible. I believe it requires hacks to work.
Superfraggle
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///AvrXT[/img][img]https:///p9mgM[/img]

Post by taco909
thewildman wrote:AudioBT does exactly this, but it has not been updated for a long time, and it works for some but not for others.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ed.audiobt
I need something that will go the other way.
I have Waze set to use the phone's internal speaker.
I don't want the Waze announcements to be broadcast over BT, but when I am on a phone call or trying to listen to BT music, it still broadcasts.
I'd like something to intercept that and keep it on the speaker, or even squelch it entirely when I'm on a phone call.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Lollipop (or maybe Verizon?) has somewhat helped with the phone call interruptions.
I now get a message on screen when on a call that mobile data is not available while on a call.
While navigation instructions will still "talk" over a phone call, I no longer get hazard alerts or navigation recalculations interrupting a call.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Waze audio is on the Android Media channel, not the phone channel.
You need to connect your phone to the car as a media player, then turn off "Play sound to phone speaker"

Unfortunately, it only operates when the car's unit it set to BT media. If you are listening to radio or a CD, it will not interrupt.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Perhaps he is on iOS.
That is not an available option on Android.
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
pictom wrote:
taco909 wrote:Perhaps he is on iOS.
That is not an available option on Android.
OH. That makes sense. I just asked and friend confired iPhone.

Seems like waze is Operationist. (racist is agaist a race, so they are against an operating system.) :-)

THANK YOU!
Downright operation-cidal when it came to the Windows phone OS :lol:
taco909  
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by thewildman
Glad to see that I'm not the only one wanting this feature !
I just got a new car with a bluetooth stereo system and was expecting waze to interrupt my car audio for directions/alerts, but it was not happening.
I am happy to see that nothing is wrong with my setup, but I would also like this as an option. Waze used to work this way on iOS before august 28th if I understand correctly. I'm on Android, but this feature would be really nice on all Waze versions !

Also, some posted here that it worked that way with Google Maps : if this is true (I'll give it a try), then it probably isn't such a dirty hack ?
thewildman
Send a message

Post by thewildman
But are you on iOS or on Android ?
Maybe we could switch cars, or phones ? ;)
thewildman
Send a message

Post by thewildman
OK, but then you play your music on your phone and stream it via bluetooth to your car stereo ? Then it's normal that Waze interrupts it. If you chose "prefer loudspeaker", you should be fine.
thewildman
Send a message