Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Street Names wrong characteres

Post by
Hello. Im Using whatsapp in my Samsung galaxy Y, the software run ok, but in the map, none of all streets has the right name, since all of these looks like weird characters. i.e. for "Calle 107" which is my street name, in the map it loks like "cla gg geg" and this is for all site names around the map... what could be? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but nothing happens... My phone is running Android OS 2.3.6

Thank you for your support.

Reggards from Bogota, Colombia

POSTER_ID:5868575

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Posting a permalink from the Map Editor would be helpful in finding the issue. See "Map Editing" link in my sig.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Post a permalink to the street you have a concern about and someone can take a look and offer advice or even a fix. If you are using tapatalk and cannot see my see, here is the link to the permalink instruction: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... #Permalink
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTFTTTTFT is the correct link (not www).

Is it every road or just a few specific ones? Could you post a screenshot?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by alex7999
Hello, I have the same problem with Samsung Galaxy Ace - wrong characters in ALL street names. I also use Waze on Samsing Galaxy S and Sony Ericsson Live (all Android 2.3), and do not have this font problem.
alex7999
Send a message

Post by alex7999
Any news of this bug fix from Waze? Many users desperately waiting.
alex7999
Send a message

Post by alex7999
Yes, I also updated to the latest Beta with no effect on my Samsung Ace. Still wrong characters in street names. Hope Waze would do something with it!
alex7999
Send a message

Post by anateresamaya
Please!!! Help us,

We really want to use Waze on our Samsung Galaxy Young but the street names and numbers appear with strange characters.
anateresamaya
Send a message

Post by AuroraCruz
I also have Galaxy Y.. and as i can see this is a common problem.. I see weird characters instead of the street names........ are you guys triying to fix this issue??... I really love waze... And i was looking foward to finally get this aplication.. but now.. I'm having this issue..
AuroraCruz
Send a message

Post by bonito-poa
I have exactly the same problem with Galaxy Y (Young S5360). The street names are displayed, in the smartphone, "agg ggg iig" etc... With Galaxy Mini, the street names are displayed ok.
I think is a issue with some font, or config.
I'll try to post a screenshot tonight. The version 2 doesn't have this problem. Sorry for my english, i'm brazillian and i'll try to do my best.
bonito-poa
Send a message

Post by Brian_t85
Hi, I have exactly the same issue on my samsung galaxy young.
all streetnames appear in a strange way.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Brian_t85
Send a message