Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Finally working in Hawaii!

Post by hybrid45
Got the PM from krankyd today, but just happened to check on the program yesterday and happy to say it's up and running for users in Hawaii. Only saw one other active user locally. Not that great, but I'm sure it'll improve as word spreads. And besides, less users right now means more pacman pellets for me omnomnom...

I have noticed the glitch with the point delays, but since this has already been addressed in the forums, I'm not too concerned. Cursor doesn't always stay in the correct place on the map either, but it could be a problem with the accuracy of the iPhone's gps and not the waze client itself. Most roads and addresses also can't be found with search. Does this just take time as the roads are driven by waze users?

May also want to work on the idle event announcements. I was getting announcements about traffic issues in california over 2300 miles away. Needless to say, those traffic issues won't be affecting me at any point in time.

So far so good tho. Keep up the good work guys!
hybrid45

POSTER_ID:3600

Send a message

Post by krankyd
Please check our wiki, it will have some of the basics you need to know about the map editors...
It's possible that the streets have been created, but they're not properly connected yet, and that's where you can help (among other things) :)
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by patrick808
I'm another user in Hawaii.
But, I don't have a daily commute.
I often post a chit chat report saying, "Aloha."

When I first started using Waze, there were no streets... I was blazing new roads.
Then, one day, the maps appeared. :D
Now, the maps near me are messed up. :o

I gotta read more about editing the maps.
patrick808
Send a message