These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Orangetilt
Let's say on Monday you drop your child in school and then go to work. Then You pick him up and drive to the swimming lesson and then home...
On Tuesday you drop him in his grandmas house for lunch and then at the English class... You get the point!

It would be awesome to be able to pre-program multiple routes to make it very easy to repeat multi point routes that are common in someone's week.
Orangetilt
Send a message

Post by paulvanloo
Please add this functionality to Waze. It's a great app but the lack of being able to plan a route with multiple stops, change the order of these stops (like Google maps) is downgrading the app bigtime.
Also, a revision of the input dialogue for planning start /stop locatio would be a great improvement (also like Google maps)
paulvanloo
Send a message

Post by PhoenixofMT
I just found this function yesterday in Waze for Android. Set up the route for your final destination, then go back in and set another destination. Since Waze is already routing you, it'll ask if you want a new route or a stop on the current route.
It's not fancy, but it's great for getting to the coffee stand on the way to work.

Happy travels,

Phoenix

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
PhoenixofMT
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PhoenixofMT
No, not impossible, but when they can't even reliably update the map every day , adding a large load is going to have a negative effect on everybody. At best, this feature will be a while in coming.

Everybody else who's doing it with Google's road data doesn't have to worry about tracking live traffic, or crunching road edits.
PhoenixofMT
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PhoenixofMT
None of us really know anything, but we can infer much from the developer's stated mission of providing timely routing using highly accurate maps updated by volunteer users, and real-time traffic data from users on the road and third-party sources.

Finding the shortest route between several stops would be handy, but would likely be useless in the context of the mission statement because the real-time data will change as you loiter at a way point. If you spend an hour in a grocery store and then set off for the next stop in rush hour traffic, who's to say it wouldn't be faster to hit an on-the-way-home stop instead of moving deeper into heavy traffic? A lot of processing capacity has been wasted calculating a series of routes (growing factorialy with each new stop) and the waste will likely be repeated as the next destination is chosen after each stop. If you have several destinations, you likely already have an idea what order they should be in; trust your instinct and use the Favorites list. On the whole, having a single intermediary stop to drop by the coffee drive-thru on the way to work is likely the closest we're going to get.
CBenson wrote:
jbkdad wrote:Regardless of what the app might have told me, it hasn't learned my route yet, and I don't believe that it ever will.
You're correct, its not going to.
The reason being that Waze is using it's best calculated guess on the fastest route. It's likely that it still thinks its route is faster, even though you've "shown it" a different one. The way to "teach" it is to prove it wrong. Drive its route a couple of times and see if it doesn't see the error of it's... ways. :) It probably doesn't know about the school zones because the Wazers in the area know to avoid them and ignore the routing. The other night, just driving around, it only took two passes (once each way) straight through a particularly long light for Waze to start routing me around to a better route. Another example: driving to work I used take a one-way street that parallels Main Street because it doesn't have a light every block. Driving down Main just to humor it, I found that recent updates to the signal timing has made it typical to drive the 10 or so blocks with only 1-2 stops--making it at least equal to and often better than my short cut. However, if the congestion on Main is ever really bad, the data from my short cut should help Waze navigate around it.
jbkdad wrote:I know how I am going to drive to work.
Why do you need a navigation app?
PhoenixofMT
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by rhwalzer
I agree. I'd love to have that feature.

I also agree with egadgetguy that it would also be great to be able to create a route with multiple stops in the online web version and then transfer that to my mobile for actual navigation. I'm experimenting with that and Google Maps right now as a way to take a preferred scenic route on a motorcycle trip I'm planning. Google Maps lets me plot that out and save/share a link for my custom route and I can load it back in on Mobile and get a close approximation when I navigate. But I'd prefer to have that with Waze.

I wouldn't mind if I could just build in a dozen way points into a route within Waze too. But I'd still want to do that work online rather than on Mobile.
rhwalzer
Send a message

Post by rimurph5
Is there a way to "add stop" or enter more than one destination for a planned drive? I do a lot of carpooling and this would help me out during times of traffic:) thank you!!
rimurph5
Send a message

Post by RussPA
That site you referenced is for a paid product unrelated to Waze, it should be removed.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by Saint_Read
paulvanloo wrote:Please add this functionality to Waze. It's a great app but the lack of being able to plan a route with multiple stops, change the order of these stops (like Google maps) is downgrading the app bigtime.
Also, a revision of the input dialogue for planning start /stop locatio would be a great improvement (also like Google maps)
At some point, rather than ask for features that make it like Google Maps, perhaps everyone should just use Google Maps.
Saint_Read
Send a message

Post by samsuede
I finally figured out how to enter more than one stop but WAZE puts them in the order entered rather than the optimal order. Is there a way to resort them? (Example, I'm going to Point A but decide I want to stop at Point B for a mid-trip break. How do I get WAZE to put Point B first so I am not directed to my original destination Point A and then have to go back to the mid-trip Point B?)

Optimizing 2 or more locations (like my Magellan GPS does) would be great! Thanks!
samsuede
Send a message