Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
BellHouse wrote:Yes, I think we mean the same thing. It doesn't work for English, but it does work for all other languages.
I see. I thought you were saying that the severity parameter wouldn't work if WME was in the incorrect language for the pack — but in my case, English is the correct language for my pack. So it appears that this is a bug for any English Validator custom checks pack, then.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Discussion on the US localized Validator checks has been moved to the United States forum.

WME Validator localization for US
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
MGODLEW wrote:I'd like to make a request for Validator. In Pennsylvania we have a lot of roads that have not had their primary names updated since the base map. For the example here the roads primary name is currently "T493" however the actual primary name is in the alternative "Hanny Beaver Rd" Is there a way you can color roads that are a letter & number? I'm no programmer or script writer but my guess is the script would be something like <If street name = character (T)(integer)(integer)(integer) then color = Lime Green> I this possible to add? If not an always on feature then something that can be turned off and on.
Is it always T followed by 3 digits and that's it?

If so, set this in your custom check:
custom template:

Code: Select all

${street}
custom regexp:

Code: Select all

/^T[0-9]{3}$/
That will report every instance where the road name is "T###" exactly, nothing before or after, not even a space. (It seems to be working for this example.)

If you remove only the "$" it will report everything that starts with "T###" regardless of what follows, if you remove only the "^" it will report everything that ends with "T###" regardless of what comes before, and if you remove both ^ and $ it will report everything that has T### in it at all.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Right, I'm not even sure it should be offered. Might encourage editors to change a category erroneously. For example, a cigar shop – doesn't really fit anywhere besides the general "Shopping and services".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Sorry if I'm just remembering wrong, but is the scan supposed to pick up on custom checks and put them in the report?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
ispyisail wrote: Any chance you could expand the your example for PLR exclusion?
template: ${type}:${street}:${length}
expression: /^[1234678]::([0-9]{3,5}|[5-9][0-9]$)/

That will highlight for Street, Primary Street, Freeway, Ramp, Major Highway, Minor Highway, and Dirt Road. I think.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
An alternative to ${type} is ${typeRank}, which uses the following codes:

${typeRank}
15 freeway
14 major highway
13 minor highway
12 ramp
11 primary street
10 street
9 service road
8 dirt road
7 parking lot road
6 private road
5 walking trail
4 pedestrian bdwk
3 stairway
2 railroad
1 runway

Kinda makes it easier if you wanna do, say, all public drivable roads (1[0-5]). Also a little easier to remember.
bummerdude69 wrote:Two questions
1) what does the various beeps mean? Seems to have a purpose, but haven't figured it out.
2) How do you turn that NOISE OFF?!? ;)
1) One beep per "screen", with a higher-pitched beep at the end.
2) Gear, wrench, uncheck "Enable sounds".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
How does it define "drivable"? Is that just everything from Freeway to Street and Ramp, or does it also include conditionally drivable roads like Private, PLot, and Dirt?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
bummerdude69 wrote: 1) I'd guess the longer between pages (beeps), the more segments to check?
Yep, at least I believe so. When I scan an area that has both urban/suburban roads and large lakes/swamps, I get lots of really quick beeps and a number of well-spaced ones, with some in between (probably along the edges between built areas and swamps/lakes).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message