Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ottonomy
shawndoc wrote:I checked with another local editor, and he's saying it works fine for him in production, but he can't get it to work in beta.

Oh well, since it looks like this is local to me, I'll have to assume its something on my machines that is causing the problem. Maybe a malware blocker or something.
Since you asked me about this, I've now verified that I get the same behavior from script version 1.5.6 installed in up-to-date versions of Chrome running on Windows XP and 7, and on Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9. All my machines can see the junction angles in the production editor, but not in the beta. Methinks it's as Alan suggested, a matter of the allowed URLs in the current version of the script. I guess we have to wait. At least the production editor has conversations and time-restrictions now.
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by OyyoDams
It doesn't work (at least on Chrome) when permalink contains segments
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

Post by ottonomy
bz2012 wrote:Hmmm. I do NOT see a 'Junction Angles' layer at all. The extension is in my extension list and checked to allow (had to override the "not from chrome web store" to do that but it is done).
This script has been available from the Chrome Store for quite a while now. Are you still using a really old version?
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Post by ottonomy
PesachZ wrote:Feature request...

The nature of this request stems from the sheer complexity of the routing algorithm decision on turn instructions to be given (or not) during navigation...

The suggested modification is to change the background color of the Turn angle bubble (currently green) when two adjacent segments are selected...
I think that any one of the options proposed would be a tremendously helpful addition to JAI. I enthusiastically support this idea!

One thing occurred to me as I was considering the color suggestions: We have some editors in our community who are colorblind. I believe that blue and orange are the most easily distinguishable colors for most kinds of colorblindness, and because turn angles don't have the same associations as red and green do with go and stop, we could avoid those troublesome hues in this context.
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Post by orbitc
I support PesachZ's suggestion.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Olestas wrote:I use departure, so I don't have to select several segments.

Where is the source of changes to algorithms?
Waze is the source on this. After our NA meetup in NY
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by Olestas
seb-d59 wrote:
crazycaveman wrote: Here you go, just click the "Raw" button to install. I forked milkboy's repository on GitHub and downloaded seb's updated version.
This is the last version uploaded by crazycaveman on GitHub
Well.. this is too difficult compared to simple script installation.. Besides it does not autoupdate.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Post by Olestas
Hi seb-d59,
Please look at this segment on permalink - use snapshot for couple days, while old map lasts,
segment to uturn had 45,89 degrees angle, so app said keep right when driving straight.. JAI displayed straight as straight. - should have displayed keep right.
https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... =137025079
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Post by Olestas
Actually it does not display yellow bubble there, thats why I asked.
It displayed straight on straight line, and left one was overriden, so it displayed uturn there.
Should have displayed straight as keep right.
Also this was the instruction for going straight - keep right.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs