Staff communication with community is broken

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Staff communication with community is broken

Postby ajcadoo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Great post.

I am one of the youngest editors here and noticed HQ's silence immediately. It was hard to find resources directly from HQ and they seemed to treat their volunteers with sheer disregard. As a part time Uber driver, it felt like I was dealing with Uber corporate (who similarly treats their driver's poorly). There needs to be a person hired full time solely for the editing community. The whole app relies on accurate data, and without us, Waze would be nothing.
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby anto64 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:30 pm

asterix06 wrote:Thanks Shirli , I appreciate your words ....but keep in mind that if we reached this level of disappointment is because all our requests of "help" where almost disattended .

My best
Silvio

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

+1 Strongly agree...
anto64
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:13 am

Iain , I can only subscribe all your words .. it looks like we are near to WAZE Collapse
...and that's really a pitty.

A clears sign is also the fact WAZE Staff has not been able to detect the editing and activity reduction of GCs
That ,IMO , shows how the GC role is almost exhausted and useless !

Let's take "holidays " from WAZE !

If I can make a suggestion :
WAZE , just in case you should handle next meetups and Global one in TLV , let make the situation upside down :
you will seat in front of us and fir two days we'll be the only one talking and telling you all the problems WAZE is suffering ..
Providing WAZE wants to continue a constructive relationship with GCs

Thanks
Silvio
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks Shirli , I appreciate your words ....but keep in mind that if we reached this level of disappointment is because all our requests of "help" where almost disattended .

My best
Silvio

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Staff communication with community is broken

Postby asterix06 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:07 pm

My Community manager emailed me as well asking to discuss thins further !

I appreciated

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:02 am

@shirli I already wrote you words are generally appreciated ....but I absolutely subscribe Skyddooguy and kukimonsta words : we did thousand of times was you asked in your post .... but the came out is the situation we are today .

I believe , as skydooguy highlighted , we are still here for the relationships this community created between the GC . WAZE need to recover the feeling , philosophy WAZE behind the project at the beginning ....now it doesn't exist anymore ,if WAZE continues his life is only do to the "glue" binding us (Global Champs) together ! A S kukimosta wrote ..WAZE in the last periods did all "his best" to bring down the level of this navigation system . In the last tree month I got so many Kikongo the eyes from many people because I was sponsoring WAZE and , when showing it on the field, WAZE poorly failed !
Riad closure not working , routing with a nonsense , ETA with more than 100% discrepancy from reality , traffic jam not showed and not taken care by routing , absurd detour , many many roundabout disappeared after last two map update and edits brought back to 2015 .....and I don't want to talk about the almost impossibility to login on the up ...for the users that "unfortunately " have to reload the up ...
...what generate a lot of lost users .

@dear Shirli ...all these things are unattended since months and months ....and as Skydooguy wrote ......I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TRUST YOUR WORDS

Your sincerely
Silvio

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:04 am

Still great job Iain .
Many times I have been told WAZE can check the increased number of user and Km increase /decrease usage ...but not why .....probably because editors / users satisfaction was not at all a priority .
The only thing they have been able to "delevop" has been "increase auto promotion " ....a clear sign they are not at all aware of any problem and even what mentoring or editing means !

For the other thing ....well they reacted after the shuffle .....but how long it will last !!! It's not the first time we see something like that . ....remember when they created DA ....than they created a sub forum to give has better support ......
Well...let's hope ....in a near future ..of course

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Shirli , thanks for your words .
I personally believe the basic points you highlighted sound promising , so I am excited to see the beginning of changements Q1 2017 .
Thanks again for the appreciation to our highlight and the effort to trying solving it .

My best
Silvio

asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Well this time ..Shirli gave us a lovely Christmas Gift !!! ..let put it in this way

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:23 pm

@levin @shmupi your words are fully correct ;
Till Product Mangers will not change their mind and their way of thinking ...plugging in back to the community, I believe any effort of the Staff will not get basic results .
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Next

Return to Website, Community, General