Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
I really appreciate this post! I am very thankful that this voice is heard by Waze HQ! I am very hopeful for this community and I am prepared to coorperate with all of the leaders in our community and Waze staff. Yes, communication had broken with them recently but we are moving forward and foresee a better, stronger community of amazing map editors! I still edit and will always edit because there is no other experience like Waze Map Editing!
GeekDriverPeaceful
Beta tester
Beta tester

Thank you for the post Shirli! It is great to see things moving smoothly again! Can't wait for 2017!
GeekDriverPeaceful
Beta tester
Beta tester

And a Happy New Year gift :) Thank you for all of your efforts to bridge the gap between the community and Waze HQ and Staff.
GeekDriverPeaceful
Beta tester
Beta tester

Post by hebermc
I think the real issue is Waze no longer values the free labour they get.

As a software developer I can feel the pain of script developers every time something gets changed and their scripts are broken, if the payd waze staff cant find time to develop an API or communicate changes why should developers waste their free time to fix stuff they did not break? That time could be spent developing new features.

Due to this lack of communication and proper management of community issues one of our community managers has retired today. He will be greatly missed by the brazilian community and I doubt we can replace him.
hebermc
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM Recife - SM Pernambuco - CM Brasil - Links importantes
"He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from the next freeway exit"

Post by hmarian
Thank you Shirli.
I would like to ask you to add another step for SOS and that would be to acknowledge that the Email received and again when the issue rectified.
We often left in limbo not knowing if someone is working on identifying and fixing the issue and when it is resolved.
As GCs we discuss among ourselves and agree altogether about the need for SOS, and we can agree not to make it a discussion Email chain, but the confirmation of receipt and rectifying the issue must be integrated into the process in my view.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.71.0.0
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by iainhouse
I want to thank you all for your massive support. Whilst this topic was born out of frustration and anger, it makes me very proud to know that I'm not just ranting by myself, but articulating the feelings of many other community members and helping to move things forward for so many people.

I'm sure you saw the post from shirlig earlier. That has not been the only response from Waze HQ. I have rarely seen as many forum visits from Waze staff as I have today and several neglected topics have suddenly received updates from HQ. I've also had an email from Shira, the Community Manager covering the UK, asking to discuss things further. There is no denying that my post and your response have seriously woken up HQ. :)
shirlig wrote:I only ask that we keep this discussion respectful and solution-oriented.
I completely agree. My intention was not to be anything other than calm and respectful: I could have started this a week ago, but instead I chose to wait and be sure I could be calm and rational. Since Waze are responding to us, I think it is our responsibility to engage in a responsible manner.

I am therefore going to withdraw my suggestion that you email your Community Manager. They have got the message and continuing to clog up their mailboxes is not going to make them more aware.

I am also withdrawing my suggestion that you immediately refuse cooperation with any new feature. One thing that I hope will come from all this is a more robust and cooperative way to improve Waze and we can only influence that process if we take part.

I will edit the original post to reflect these changes. However, there is a suggestion that I will ask you to keep following: please thank my original post. It's not about how many thanks I get. But that post is now #2 in the Thanks Toplist. I want it at #1 with such a number of thanks that HQ will never be able to forget how important it is to us that they communicate.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by iainhouse
PesachZ wrote:I do also want to give credit where it is due. You mention that there are no feedback threads for iOS and Android versions. That is because the changelogs, beta, and production release notes and feedback threads, including dedicated threads for certain specific features are all maintained in centercode. Granted not every community member or use has access, but any champ can be a beta tester. I must say that staff do participate heavily in those threads and do respond to issues, even postponing releases for show-stopping issues when reported by the users. The other teams in Waze could take an example from them.
It doesn't surprise me to hear that there are official feedback threads somewhere else. For that matter, I am happy to acknowledge that the feedback and response for the WME Beta is very good from what I've heard.

The problem is, simply, that most editors aren't WME Beta testers and App users come to the forums to look for help. As experienced community members, it is very easy to forget how little of this is known to the majority of users. Today, the thought of editing without scripts is horrifying, yet when I started it was months before I even knew such a thing existed.

With the WME Beta, the existence of such good response is pretty insulting to the majority of editors. Why should they have to join a Beta program to get a response from HQ? If the Beta program actually worked properly and production releases weren't all different from Beta versions (don't even get me started on that subject :lol: ), then production releases would have far fewer bugs and would require less official response.

The fact that they can get it right sometimes begs the question "why can't they get it right all the time?"
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by iainhouse
Having stirred up so much interest/trouble, I think it's fair that I update everyone on where things stand from my viewpoint.

Obviously I'm pleased about the interest in this topic and the good things it has prompted so far. Other community members have been prompted to address HQ with their concerns - both publicly and through other channels.

HQ have been taking things very seriously. Several communities have been contacted directly about their concerns. I have, myself, had a call with Shira. HQ have also had at least one meeting about this issue and I expect we will be hearing more from them in the near future.

Notice I avoided using the word "soon" above. :lol: What we are asking for is not simple and HQ cannot wave a magic wand and make thing instantly better. For things to improve in the long term, proper processes need to be put in place and that can't be hurried.

I'm not asking anyone to refrain from speaking their mind. Only that you do it in a respectful, helpful manner and without unrealistic expectations.

I am being careful not to pre-judge where we will go from here. I could let my past experience and frustration make me pessimistic. I could let the results of the last week make me too optimistic. So I'm not making any solid predictions - but I am hopeful. :mrgreen:
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager