Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by serega_12
rickzabel wrote:
serega_12 wrote:A problem that UrComments is causing with the new WME release.

Header and "Next place" section are out of proportion on Chrome when reviewing new pictures/places, regardless of browser zoom level. When UrComments is disabled, it goes back to normal. :|

http://i.snag.gy/MkNm6.jpg
since i never look at places i did not notice this happening. sometime after the mega raid i will be releasing a new version. a workaround for this issue will be included. thanks!
Rick, this is still happening as of the latest update. ;) :geek:
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
hebermc wrote:Is there a way to edit the URO Presets?
+1. I see that there's an option to select "custom" presets, but I see no way to edit them...
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
rickzabel wrote:
Kayos_On_The_Road wrote:Hi Rick,

For the custom responses, I've not had time to play with it, but is the idea that the user edits the script directly to give the responses you want?

Kayos
you should install the custom script and then edit the custom script directly. make sure to keep a backup of the list elsewhere. sometimes i have to push updates to the custom file which would overwrite your comments.
Where would I find the said custom script?
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by serega_12
PesachZ wrote: http://j.mp/URCommentsCustom
There also more info on the wiki page.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
Appreciate it!
serega_12
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by sh-oded
Hi,
Lately there are some issues with the header section:
If WME language is English, when changing URC options, the header section disappears until the page is refreshed.
If WME language is Hebrew (RTL), the header section is misplaced (to the right mostly outside the window) and cannot be used.
Thanks.
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
מנהל מתנדב, גבעת-שמואל, קרית-אונו ובקעת אונו
LC: Israel, CM: Israel, Jordan
הוספת קישור(פרמלינק) מדריך לעריכת המפה הוספת/עדכון מקום
Galaxy S10-SM-G973F, Android 12.0, Waze latest Beta

Post by sh-oded
rickzabel wrote:
sh-oded wrote:Hi,
Lately there are some issues with the header section:
If WME language is English, when changing URC options, the header section disappears until the page is refreshed.
If WME language is Hebrew (RTL), the header section is misplaced (to the right mostly outside the window) and cannot be used.
Thanks.
which header section? URC, URS, WME?
The URC. see attached images.
URCHebHd1-1.jpg
When selecting RTL language in WME
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 1377 times
URCEngHd1-1.jpg
When selecting LTR language in WME
(19.07 KiB) Downloaded 1374 times
Please note that it is the WME language that affect this issue and not URC's
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by sh-oded
right side
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
taco909 wrote:
james890526 wrote: Thanks, I'm just referring to the wiki on the 1000 miles thingy, unless the part of the wiki was outdated? :oops: :oops:
Nope... I just successfully loaded a 730 mile trip to Las Cruces.
It's also worth noting that this limit does not appear to be hard-coded in, per se. A routing server limit could be coded as based on either distance by road or distance by air, but neither yields exactly a 1,000 mile result for me. I can get a route from my house to the Michigan Welcome Center north of Toledo, which is 1,028 miles by road, but I cannot get a route to Detroit, which is 982 miles by air (1,068 by road). If it judged by road, the Welcome Center would be too far away, and if it judged by air, Detroit would be close enough. Some have been able to get routes up to and past 1,100 miles or so, depending on the route, which leads me to believe that, possibly, it's something inherent to the routing server, such as a number of segments/nodes it will calculate before giving up, instead of a pure mileage limit – but it works out to be somewhere around 1,000 miles most of the time.

I say this only because it might help you when some people have questions like, "Why does this route work one way but not on the way back??", which has also happened before.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
james890526 wrote:In Malaysia, we have similar experiences even just for roads about 500 km. However, I guess this should be discussed in another topic? I'm just pointing out from the wiki since it says 1000 miles, which I take it as it is since there's no place in Malaysia which is more than 1000 miles. Haha
It probably should go to a different topic :) It may depend on your road network. 1000 mile trips essentially require an adequate nationwide network of freeways and/or major highways.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
PesachZ wrote: Its probably not measured by the server in literal meters, rather in a difference of lat./lon. degrees. This difference in degrees can be roughly estimated to linear length, but not precisely. If that's the case it could easily explain some variation by region based on proximity to the poles.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
Possibly, although that would not account for a route between the same two points working in one direction and not in the other.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message