Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Graham-Paul
Finding the same issue - love the software and ideas behind it, but can't hear the directions on BT hands-free kit. TomTom is very loud, Waze almost inaudible :-(
Graham-Paul
Send a message

Post by HaZeLKamal
Inactive wrote: I just discovered how to resolve the issue of low volume on Waze. Make a phone call and set the phone to speaker phone mode. Then turn the volume all the way up and then hang up. Waze will now play its voice navigation at full volume.

Thank you. This solution resolve my 2023 waze problem. Im using iphone 14pro. Been trying to find solution. Already re-install, clear cache, etc etc. Thank God i found this tread today in Feb2024 hahaha! Whoever this user was, u r a genius! Thanks alot!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🎉

HaZeLKamal
Send a message

Post by helifino206
I had a similar issue with a different app on a different phone - when selecting 'phone speaker' the sounds went out the handset earpiece rather than the loudspeaker on the back. Please check to see if this is what's happening.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by israel_1gztonl8
Kenix wrote:I am having the same problem... I've followed the various suggestions...no success. The Waze volume is ALWAYS MUCH lower than the music volume. I have to choose between Waze and music. NOT GOOD.

Couldn't a good volume control that really works well be built in?

Thx
israel_1gztonl8
Send a message

Post by juscoll
I am having the same issue. Directions played out my phone's speaker are too low to be audible while driving. I have turned up all system volumes to maximum and turned up the text to speech volume within the phone's system settings. I have also maximized the volume settings with Waze and tried turning the volume up while a voice prompt is playing. . All volumes I know of are set to max.

I searching on this issue it seems that it may be specific to Nexus devices. Previously I was using a Samsung S4 and the prompts were nice and loud. The Nexus 6 has more a powerful set phone speakers but the output that Waze offers is inaudible while driving.

Output via bluetooth works fine. However, I prefer using the phone's speaker so that I can hear navigation guidance I have my car stereo set to satellite/terrestrial radio or CD.

Seems like it is programming variation that Waze does not yet make for Nexus devices. Given the its Google ties I am surprised.

Any suggestions on a fix?
juscoll
Send a message

Post by Kenix
I am having the same problem... I've followed the various suggestions...no success. The Waze volume is ALWAYS MUCH lower than the music volume. I have to choose between Waze and music. NOT GOOD.

Couldn't a good volume control that really works well be built in?

Thx
Kenix
Send a message

Post by Mojobaggins
MadHatterts wrote:I just discovered how to resolve the issue of low volume on Waze. Make a phone call and set the phone to speaker phone mode. Then turn the volume all the way up and then hang up. Waze will now play its voice navigation at full volume.
Thanks! This fixed my issue with the phone to speaker volume being too low.
Mojobaggins
Send a message

Post by mtbgtr
Thanks to the latest update I now have no sound what so ever with either bluetooth or iPhone
mtbgtr
Send a message
iPhone 4S Waze 3.7.6

Post by ohthatgal
MadHatterts volume fix worked thanks
ohthatgal
Send a message

Post by OPElly
I also found that the phone volume affects Waze's speaker volume on Nexus 5x. And on my phone, at least, I don't actually have to make a phone call; it's enough to start the dialer app.

The obvious question to me, then is: can't there be a more direct (not to mention obvious) way to adjust Waze's speaker volume while it's in use than to snake your way to Waze's settings, or to start the phone app?

And if you do go to Waze's volume setting, wouldn't it be nice if it played a sound immediately upon moving the slider to you'd have some idea of the result without making your way back to somewhere Waze issues a sound now? Remember, folks, you might be in motion while needing to do this!
OPElly
Send a message