Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
Berestovskyy, could you remove the dead-end U turn check, and make it such that the "unconfirmed turn" checks etc. don't look at dead-end nodes? The ability to edit them has been removed from the editor.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
CBenson wrote:We were changing self connectivity at dead ends before the direct ability to edit them was in the editor and most seem to be continuing to do so now. If the underlying routing issues have not changed, I don't see why the validator check should change. Its no different than warning us about reverse connectivity on one way roads, which can't be directly edited in editor either.
This time, staff have asked us to leave it alone and report any underlying issues to them to be handled. JNF is the tool used to modify them, but that functionality is slated to be removed from JNF for the same reason.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
CBenson wrote: Has staff actually clearly stated this, because if so I missed it? I continue to see the same issues I always have with u-turns allowed at dead end nodes. I also see no change with those that are currently disallowed. If turns aren't allowed now and they have removed the ability to directly edit them, then how do they expect the turns to be allowed for testing? There was some talk about them being all allowed with the removal of the ability to edit, but that doesn't appear to be the case to me.
Check the last two beta editor threads. (For those without access to the beta editor, sorry.)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Taco909 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:All the U-turns and unconfirmed turn highlighting has been removed. Thank you.
This is a big step in the right direction.

We have an issue remaining that is unrelated to Validator:
WME will still react to the "Q" command on these end nodes, whether the command comes from a stripped editor or JNF. While the editor would have no reason to use the command, JNF can apply an unintended "fix" to the termination node. I'm sure there are a few scripts floating around that were written by editors for their own use... these can still pose problems.
bgodette is currently working on the JNF update. The way WME handles connections is undergoing some big changes soon, so it's a big update.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
berestovskyy wrote:
alexschrod wrote:Being a software developer,
So could you help me to adapt Validator to WME beta then? I would really appreciate any help here...
I suggest you contact bgodette, he is aware of the changes and has been updating JNF to work with the beta editor. He has explained some of the changes to me, although I'm not fully sure I understand what they mean! :lol:
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Berestovskyy, am I correct to understand that only 5 custom checks may be added in a localization pack? Is it possible to increase this number?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
berestovskyy wrote:
sketch wrote:only 5 custom checks may be added in a localization pack? Is it possible to increase this number?
Sure, but if you're checking street names, please use #16x checks instead.
OK, I will do that where I can. But most of our road names are not tied to a particular road type, so it isn't usually possible to use type-specific checks.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
txemt wrote:Why is validator flagging two way freeways? Most cities around the US are now putting in two way freeway segments used as reversible express lanes.
Because the vast majority of freeways should be represented as pairs of one-way roads, so that check is useful in finding messed up freeway segments.

Not every Validator highlight is necessarily a problem. The highlights are just for things that are problems most of the time.

Perhaps the check could be modified to exclude any segment with at least two time restrictions on it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Nomenclator1677 wrote:
sketch wrote:
...Perhaps the check could be modified to exclude any segment with at least two time restrictions on it.
Or exclude some countries when the rules doesn't applied!

Like for US for that particularism!
I don't think the check should be turned off for the US, though. Any time a freeway segment is two-way, it is a special case. Since it's a special case, it's going to be locked at a very high rank, so only high rank users will see the Validator highlight and will know to ignore the Validator check. Other than special cases, a two-way freeway segment is an error, so we should still have it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Poncewattle wrote:Hmm, I was going to bring up Franconia Notch in NH as an example of a two-way Interstate but I see it's an Interstate classified in Waze as a major highway and not a freeway.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=64617804
OK... well that needs to be reclassified as a freeway. Also, it's drawn as two one-way segments in Waze, as any divided Freeway should be – no matter whether it's a wide median, a forest, or a Jersey barrier or guardrail.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message