Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Megiddo62
Annie-Od wrote:I can get all of the voice commands I have tried to work except the one for reporting a hazzard. Most of the time I am trying to report a vehicle on the shoulder. I have tried saying "vehicle on shoulder". The only time this works is when I'm sitting at home trying to figure out why it doesn't work while I'm driving. I have also tried saying report hazzard and going through the prompts. Every time i get to the point of saying "car" it fails. What am I doing wrong?
I saw this on one of the early posts and they are all in that file:
Re: Voice Commands reference (US?)
Postby pvaladares » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 pm
All current available commands can be found at \Waze\asr_cmd in Android platform.

But I've had little luck making the commands work.
Megiddo62
Send a message

Post by Megiddo62
vince1612 wrote:In general consider most information which is older than 6 month to probably be outdated. Since 2012 the app has changed a lot.
Correct, that's why you would want to look at the file Waze actually uses instead of some documented list. Unless for some reason it doesn't use that file for some reason.
Megiddo62
Send a message

Post by metalmarky
I have tried many times to report a pot hole with voice commands. I have tried saying pothole quickly (like the voice prompt asks you), pot... hole slowly. Has anyone been able to use voice to report a pot hole? It is the only thing I have found that I cannot get it to recognise, it asks the 3 times then says cancelled. All other commands as far as I know work mostly first time.

I am using 3.7.7.997 beta but I have always had this issue.
metalmarky
Send a message
Metal Marky
Galaxy S4

Post by mike20878
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and can't even get the voice command prompt. Waving does nothing.
mike20878
Send a message

Post by mike20878
The gestures to invoke voice commands does not work for me. Instead, the voice command prompt will randomly pop up and I have no idea how I did it. Sometimes I think I've brushed the phone with my phone and activated it somehow. But I would like to know how to do it on purpose.

The other annoying thing is that it says tap to cancel, but when I do it keeps coming back to "try again."

Thanks.
mike20878
Send a message

Post by Milroy1812
[Edit]  This was apparently fixed by a Waze app update that I didn't realize was working.  I would have deleted this post, but I don't see a way to do that.
Milroy1812
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Mooftress
I noticed a couple of updates ago that Waze no longer works as well as it used to with voice commands also. It just sits there no matter how loud I am talking until it times out. It’s extremely frustrating when trying to make an important report of a car stopped on the road, an accident or road blockage. I love this app and it’s ability to share reports with other drivers but not at the risk of having to take my eyes off the road or hands off the wheel. The update that added the big, red mic button is the one that seems to have broken the voice recognition. Please please fix!
Mooftress
Send a message

Post by moorken
it would be cool if you could record your own voice for preloaded commands, because it doesn't recognize my voice for most of them. ( probably because of my accent :oops: 8-) :evil: )
moorken
Send a message

Post by mr5picker
Voice commands have completely stopped responding for me. Haven't seen anyone else mention these symptoms yet.
I'm running Waze version 3.7.7 but this problem started at least 4 months ago with the previous version. Basically, once I bring up voice command mode (3 finger tap or wave), I get the "how can I help" request but it fails to respond in any way to any voice input. In the past, voice command mode would close after a few failed attempts. Now, it just sits there - for hours if I let it. It doesn't tell me that it doesn't understand, it just waits. I've tried with the iphone mic and 2 different BT sets.
I've got a Verizon iphone 4 running iOS 7.0.3. Have completely uninstalled and reinstalled.
Had no problem with the earlier version on the same phone. TIA

Edit: just realized this is probably not the best thread to post this question to. Sorry.
mr5picker
Send a message

Post by mr5picker
kentsmith9 wrote:
mr5picker wrote:Edit: just realized this is probably not the best thread to post this question to. Sorry.
Another user is also reporting voice command problems at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78326. That thread might be better.
Thanks. Similar in that they also can't use voice commands but different OS (I'm running iOS) and symptoms are different. I'll just start a new thread an apologize for a duplicate post ;)
mr5picker
Send a message