The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by RallyChris
But if we talking about changing functionality, let's rollout the temporary closure portal. Allow roads to be left unedited, with their current stats (speeds, directionality, turn usage, etc.) in place and put a waze generated closed report, that is done in a way that effects routing.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RaoulAH
Node ID 84413149 is loose, surrounding streets can't be connected
RaoulAH
Send a message
Regards
Raoul

Post by ronsonntag
Added some roads and saved ok. Then attempted to add a couple of landmarks. When I tried to save, I got a save error. I deleted the landmarks and saved and still got the save error. No idea how to recover.
ronsonntag
Send a message

Post by RyanZANinja
When i try resolve map issues that i reported it says i dont have permission to resolve them. What must i do?
RyanZANinja
Send a message

Post by SaxTeacher3
I've been using the waze map editor a lot over the past couple weeks and have gotten the hang of it. I have one question I haven't been able to find the answer to.

If a street is divided into two segments, it is often for a reason (most often because of an intersection). But in some cases I find a street that is divided into two segments for no reason (no change in direction, no change in street name, no change in direction or anything.)

In this case my inclination is to change it to be just one segment. The way I have been doing this so far is to delete one of the two segments, and stretch the remaining segment to be long enough to cover the distance previously covered by the two segments.

Question: is there an easier way to do this? Is there a way to join two segments together in the map editor? This would save a lot of work.

Second question: or do you just leave the two segments and ignore it since it is working correctly as is?
SaxTeacher3
Send a message

Post by SaxTeacher3
Is there a quick way to split a segment into two segments?
SaxTeacher3
Send a message

Post by Scorp42
While I don't consider this a 'bug' so much as an unimplemented feature, I think for the sake of completeness, it needs to be mentioned: (Since this is a feedback thread)

Two missing features:

#1) List view of update requests. In cartouche_old, we use to be able to get a list of all UR's in your AM area. In the new editor, you have to search and scan for them.

#2) List view of map problems. Similar to #1, we should be able to get a list view of all map problems in our AM area, so we don't have to scan and search for them.

@Waze, can you verify these two features are in your backlog?
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
When I select a junction (any junction) the trashcan icon lights up, as if it can be deleted. In the old editor, the only time the trashcan would light, is when something could actually be deleted.
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
palmerit wrote:When I select a junction (any junction) the trashcan icon lights up, as if it can be deleted. In the old editor, the only time the trashcan would light, is when something could actually be deleted.

To further this: IF you select a junction that can't be deleted, and use the keyboard shortcut OR press the trashcan icon.. all future edits are ignored. they add up in the unsaved edits counter, but when you hit save, they don't actually apply.

The only way I've found to make edits start working again, is to refresh the page or click permalink.

Steps to reproduce:

#1) Find a junction with multiple segments attached
#2) Select junction
#3) attempt to delete the junction (keyboard shortcut or trash can icon)
#4) after attemtping to delete the junction, make any other change (in my testing, I tried enabling all turns on another junction)
#5) press save

The junction will remain undeleted, and all edits after that will be ignored.
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
So, I'm giving up on handling Update requests for a while. Let me explain:

I've been doing my best to handle and reply to *all* UR's within 2 days time. To give the user the perception that their reports are taken seriously, and updates are quick. As such, I have 0 UR's at the end of each editing session, unless I need additional info. I obviously use cartocuhe_old to interact with the user.

Yesterday, with the new editor release, I saw all my old UR's. Waze said the problem would be corrected in 24 hours. It was unclear how i would be corrected, but by the wording, it sounded like the old editor wouldn't be seeing new UR's, and therefor, unusable to email the user. The wiki was updated to reflect that we're supposed to use the forums to contact them. The reality is, most users don't know the forum exists, so that seems like a waste of time. Even if they did, I'm limited to 55 private messages, so.. that's sub-optimal.

Today, I login and check my UR's using cartocuhe_old, so I can get a complete list of all UR's. I then use the bookmarklet to open each UR in the new editor.. so I can edit. When I go back to the new editor, I see UR's that I do not recall having worked.. AND that show they are up to 10 days old. I know 100% without a doubt that yesterday, I had ONE open UR.. today I have almost a dozen that are 10+ days old.

Until Waze gets the UR stuff figured out, and completed.. I'm just going to focus on map editing, and let UR's sit until I'm sure that it's behavior has stablized and can be depended on. Right now, I frankly don't have much faith that my UR efforts are effectively helping anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not normally one to complain. I've done QA for years, and know that these kind of things slip through occasionally. But with the UR's behaving "erratically", I just think my time can be better utilized elsewhere until they get a handle on the UR situation.
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998