The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Map Comments enabled

Post by delilush
Hi Everyone,

map comments were launched in the WME.

Enjoy the feature! (:
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team

Post by extinctrex
Awesome, thanks!
extinctrex
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
This will be very useful to note critical/complicated edits on the map and are more notable to new/unfamiliar editors. Many thanks from NJ!
GeekDriverPeaceful

Post by abc1357
Can it be changed to look visually different from a PP or APP? This gets hidden among the mass of PPs. I agree that the previous way of doing things (putting a [NOTE] or [CONSTRUCTION] in a UR) is hidden also, but there are scripts that can show that visually.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager

Post by crotalo
excellent, very useful
crotalo
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Wazeopedia Colombia
Wazeopedia Bogotá
Country Manager - Local Champ Colombia

Post by davcardona
Great! very useful.
davcardona

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
There is guidance from wiki indicating that a map comment should always be added if one uses a TOI (Turn Instruction Override). But really, I believe that using a TOI for a left Exit or obvious situation is over using the map comments. The number of map comments would exceed the number of URs with [NOTE]
GeekDriverPeaceful

Post by abc1357
Oh Oh!.
We just got a "bad" Map Comment similar to some of the "bad" PURs. This was created by a L1 with less than 100 edits. This most likely means that anyone, even those with 0 edits, can create one.

Again, we have to figure out the right amount of control vs openness, or the map will be littered with useless MCs and the concept will no longer be useful.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Attachments

Post by eightball8
My question is: Should Ior do I receive a notification that a comment was left on a road report that created? Or do I need to click on it manually to see if someone left a comment?
eightball8