Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by bummerdude69
FYI Name and description don't match.
WME Wide-Angle Lens Places - Find segments that have missing or unverified speeds
bummerdude69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by bummerdude69
crazycaveman wrote:
ojlaw wrote:feature request- scan for only roundabout. exclude roundabout is an option but sometimes i'm trying to find just roundabouts.
thank you for all your hard work!
... As for the roundabouts, I will take that into consideration
Just came here to ask the same thing. ADOT has been putting a lot of roundabouts in lately, and until sat views are updates, it pretty much just SWAG. GPS helps in most places, but ... ;)

Thanks
bummerdude69
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
jm6087 wrote:How do I scan for an entire state?
You have to have a WKT (well known text) file that describes your state. If you have URMP tracker, you should be able to export the area from there (go to the URMPT areas and click the WKT link next to the area/state you want to export) and import it into WAL. If you don't use URMPT, it's pretty straightforward to create one using GIS software.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
I've been noticing my settings failing to load and causing WAL to fail to load in Firefox. It turns out that localStorage on FF cannot support invalid UTF16 characters (though maybe Chrome can?). Can you update the compress/decompress functions to use compressToUTF16 and decompressFromUTF16?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
jr1982jr wrote:I know Murphy messes everything up. My 6th attempt as SLs with the wkts I've been using for the last several weeks for other WAL projects hung at 62%. It's a WAL for one of the largest counties in the the state of MD. Is it possible that the size of the wkt area is causing a problem when dealing with SLs? Just thoughts.
Care to share the simple WKT that failed in the same place? Has anyone else tried running the scan with that WKT to see if it works for them? I think there was a time where WAL would fail on red roads, but that was a long while back (if it ever even happened). Might be something new in the WME code that is tripping it up...
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Just wanted to let everyone know I've talked with vtpearce and I will be helping to maintain and update this script. As part of this, the updated versions of the main script and its plugins can be found here on GreasyFork. I'll work with VT to either get the original links updated to the latest versions or have his point to mine so everyone gets updated; in the meantime, feel free to install these on top of the ones you currently have (should just be an update). If you'd prefer to download a zip of all the latest scripts, just visit the WazeDev GitHub repository where I've conveniently created a release which includes a zip file you can load directly into Tampermonkey (just open the dashboard, go to the utilities tab and import the zip).

Important note for everyone!!!
I have found a bug that affects Firefox users (see below), but fixing it could mean losing all saved areas (it shouldn't, but it's always possible). Please take this time to backup your WKTs so this future update won't affect you! Once you've done that, please feel free to help test the new code and let me know how it goes.

Important note for Firefox users!!!
There is a bug with the way WAL saves the settings of areas and saved filters! This will cause the WAL tab to not load at all (as B-ryYKA reported). Fortunately, I have a fix! I'm working to integrate it into the main tab, but want to make sure it won't affect saved areas for others (see above). Feel free to install this version which will get you up and running. Plugins should be OK for the most part, but could also be affected by this bug; install the ones you want from here (just click the plugin name, then select the Raw button to install or just get the zip file).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
SkyviewGuru wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:I'll work with VT to either get the original links updated to the latest versions or have his point to mine so everyone gets updated
Please do. The script is no longer available at the link in the OP. Thanks :)
The link in the OP was updated.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
As mentioned in my previous post, changes are coming to the way the script stores saved areas which has the potential to lose your areas (shouldn't happen, but can never be too cautious). v1.3.4.1 has been released notifying everyone to backup their data and I plan to release the next version which actually makes the change by the end of this week. If you're up for beta testing, you can install the next version here. If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM me.

Important Note: Once any version above 1.3.4.1 (1.3.5 beta or 1.4.0) is installed, you cannot revert back. In some cases, it will work, but 95% of the time an older version will fail to load.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
Last edited by crazycaveman on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by crazycaveman
v1.4.0 released!
Firefox users, rejoice! The rest of you... continue as usual, I guess. This version makes WME WAL work with Firefox again. If you haven't been able to get the WAL tab to appear in a while, or can only get it to show by constantly deleting your settings, you should see everything magically work again once you update! Unfortunately, all your previous settings will be lost (this does not apply on Chrome), but at least you can use it again.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Trexer0 wrote:With Chrome I'm not seeing WAL show up since the update to 1.4.0. Seems this latest version wasn't supposed to do anything with Chrome.
Wow, I messed up just before I pushed the update and got things in the wrong spot... It's fixed now, version 1.4.1 is live. Yes, it's not supposed to affect Chrome at all (still makes changes on the back end), but the problems I created would affect everyone who hadn't already updated (so, basically, everyone).
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message