Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ispyisail
Hmm, spoke too soon. It's still not showing toolbar half the time, and the only workaround is to close and reopen Chrome.
same problem

temp fix

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=145952
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Post by ispyisail
BellHouse wrote:We suspect this might be a timing issue, where WME in some places does not immediately deliver the country ID for the new country-dependant rights system. We are testing methods to deal with this fact in the code.

So do not despair, help is underway! :)
I've complained about "saving issues" in other threads. Other people in the world don't seam to have this problem. I wonder if it is connected to this problem?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Post by ispyisail
Just would like to thanks to the developers for fixing the "save bug"

Editing has been a pain since xmas, now it it is all good

Thanks

Question: Was everybody having this problem or was it just us with slower internet connections and much distance to the waze servers? For me the problem would come and go?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Post by itzwolf
Have you guys noticed or anyone reported using the fancy links to "request map update on the forum" seems to choose one rank below the current lock level of the object in the subject field? I don't recall this being the way it worked before the new WME / 1.6.8 release. I believe previously used your rank value not object lock level -1. I use this to request up-locks when I have finished working some something locked lowering than standards.

Not a big deal since the level number has to be manually changed for the requested/required editor rank to perform the lock but making note in case there could be other undesired actions happening within the code.

A level 3 locked segment -> Request map update it will state "Level2 Update: XXXX"
A level 4 locked segment -> Request map update it will state "Level3 Update: XXXX"
itzwolf
Coordinators
Coordinators

Post by Iridium1
If I force the Zoom Control to the left and have the Zoom Level Indicator enabled, the Indicator ist still shown on the the right side instead of being moved to the left as well.

Can somebody confirm or is this a problem with my browser only?

Thanks.
Iridium1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Post by Iridium1
Thanks Iain - this is my current "workaround" already ;)

I just wanted to raise it as it might be an issue with the TB moving the Zoom Level Indicator to the left.
Iridium1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Post by impulse200
ldriveskier wrote:I'm not saying that there couldn't also be some problem in Toolbox, but I edit on one computer that I am unable to run any extensions on and have the same issues. So, it is possible that you didn't edit long enough with Toolbox being disabled to run into the problem.
Prior to writing here I turned toolbox off and had not single hitch for a whole evening. Whereas with toolbox I had such issues each 5-10 saves.
Also when save issue appear there are numerous errors in Chrome console with word toolbox. :-)
impulse200

Post by impulse200
BellHouse wrote:
impulse200 wrote:After some time editor hangs on saving. I.e. edit counter on Save button is reset but editor remains dimmed and nothing more happens. Another effect - after some edits and/or saves I am unable to select anything in editor. Nor segments nor places. Bot issues requires editor reload. All mentioned effects gone if Toolbox is disabled.

Is there is anything could be done to fix this?
As I also have these hangs occasionally, I had a look at the corresponding console errors. I suspect that this happens when Toolbox attempts to refresh the highlights while WME is saving. I added a check to the code, and have not had the hangs since then. Will be part of the next release.
Thank you so much. Will look forward that next release. Who's is when, BTW? ;-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
impulse200

Post by impulse200
The same thing occurred to uBlock extension. But it developer was able to quickly fix that. Is it _THAT_ hard to make a fix for Toolbox? Especially in light of fact that we do not know when stable chrome v60 will be released.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
impulse200