The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Scorp42
gettingthere wrote:Likely you'll make a bigger impact to the community by just editing than spending loads of time trying to find an issue that may or may not exist.
This is my thinking too. I'm not trying to be a negative nelly. I know Waze is working hard to make this a great app. And I sincerely appreciate that. I'm just super-confused as to how they want us to handle UR's, and the suggestions here and in the wiki don't seem to be working. Additionally, Waze is (as per their norm) quiet on the subject. I think the one thing I wish above all else, is for better communication from them to the users. It's like the TTS thread. We're essentially volunteering to do the editing and legwork for Waze. We shouldn't have to go through all of the testing, and guessing to figure out how things will be spoken. Waze should *communicate* this info to us so we can make effective use of our time.

I don't care how they want us to handle UR's as long as I *understand* it, and can predict the outcome of working on a UR. Right now, I don't understand it, and can't predict it. So rather than worry about it, I'll let them decide the direction they want to take.. and try to be productive in other ways in the meantime.
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scruffy151
Update requests outside my editing area are showing up. I had hoped that the new version would not show them just like it doesn't show map errors that are outside my area. I tried with the editable areas layer active as well as without.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
BrianCanFixIT wrote:
scruffy151 wrote:Update requests outside my editing area are showing up. I had hoped that the new version would not show them just like it doesn't show map errors that are outside my area. I tried with the editable areas layer active as well as without.
I think the idea behind this is to generate a desire for users to up their area & fix more problems... like seeing a puppy in the window.
Just looking at the editable layer does that for me. This is just frustrating I can see a problem and a fix but not be able to do anything.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Shaigan
I think there is an inversion beetwen the words "yesterday" and "today" in the drives panels.
Shaigan
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
[ Shaigan & Cie | Facebook | Twitter ]
[ France Country Manager (Lv5) | Waze Android sur Google Pixel 6 ]

Post by shrike1978
I'm using the US server and I'm having some strange issues using WME in Chrome. When running in Chrome, the map itself is shifted down and hangs out of the frame of the map editor onscreen. With the Editable Area layer turned on, the darkened non-editable areas are shifted to the east, and slightly south. With the aerials turned off, you can actually see an outline of where they are supposed to be, but they aren't there. This persists as I zoom in, though it is less of an issue then.

As I said, this happens only in Chrome. When running Chrome Frames in IE, everything shows up correctly and acts as it should. I've cleared my browser cache and this persists.

Here's a link to a screenshot of the problem.

shrike1978
Send a message

Post by shrike1978
jasonh300 wrote:Clear out your cache and cookies in Chrome. That should fix it. I make a habit of doing that in Chrome about once a week. Of course, I don't really use Chrome for anything other than map editing.
I've been the opposite, actually. I use Chrome for everything, but I've had all kinds of issues with the editor in Chrome, so I've been using Chrome Frames in IE for editing.
shrike1978
Send a message

Post by shrike1978
jasonh300 wrote:
shrike1978 wrote: As I said, this happens only in Chrome. When running Chrome Frames in IE, everything shows up correctly and acts as it should. I've cleared my browser cache and this persists.
Clear out your cache and cookies in Chrome. That should fix it. I make a habit of doing that in Chrome about once a week. Of course, I don't really use Chrome for anything other than map editing.
I cleared everything and it's still an issue. It's really confusing me that fake Chrome inside of IE is working better than real Chrome.
shrike1978
Send a message

Post by slicer
dmcconachie wrote:Were any world editors part of the beta testing? Or just the club class users?
I think it's because the beta was only deployed on the US Server. So INTL users can't edit.
Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk
slicer
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Ghost
Android User

Post by slicer
Does shift + ? work ? He doesn't work on my azerty keyboard.
slicer
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Ghost
Android User