The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Anyone else marking URs "solved" falsely?

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'm going to admit right now that sometimes (currently) I will falsely mark a UR as solved simply to get my username into the email to the user in the slim-to-none hope that they might PM me on the forums some day. Now, I wrote sometimes because the circumstances are usually specific to when I can tell a few URs are from the same person (same route/trace or proximity). If I can't figure out what the problem is, I will mark some "not a problem" and others "solved" just hoping they get the idea that maybe not everything is right and they should try and contact me. It feels so ridiculous to have to resort to this kind of action because of the lack of communication in the UR system. Between my username from the "solved" and a URL to the location in the "not a problem" emails, I hope they can get started with editing and have a name to PM just in case...

In areas which I don't frequent often in the editor, I've also started entering my email address into the UR notes. Again, hoping a good editor will contact me directly...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dknight212 wrote:And of course all this relies on the emails going out to the users, which I think isn't happening at the moment.
Not for the Worlders right now, nope. :x
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
R4CLucky14 wrote:Anyway, the emails take some time, but they are being sent, to say the least.
Not on the World server.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bigbear3764 wrote:Wish I could send a brief note with reply like in old edit version.
+10. Don't we all. We should have something later this year.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by banished
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I'm going to admit right now that sometimes (currently) I will falsely mark a UR as solved simply to get my username into the email to the user in the slim-to-none hope that they might PM me on the forums some day.
What is "false?" My mindset is if you're doing the best you can with the information you have, then what more can you do? Truthfully, I don't predicate any UR action based on a hope the user might actually respond, and I don't want to leave the map cluttered with URs: Solve what I can, reject what I can't, and move on. If it was really a problem, it'll show up again, hopefully with some text describing the problem.

Under the old UR system (think Cartouche') I used to have a template where I'd request additional information (RFI), but I recall getting only one response among hundreds of RFIs.
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by Bigbear3764
I have had a few that I just can't see why it was a problem area. Others I have fixed and someone posts it as a problem the next day. The edit just hasn't been updated yet, so I mark it resolved until update goes through. Sometimes I think it is the same person posting everyday till it works. Wish I could send a brief note with reply like in old edit version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dknight212
And of course all this relies on the emails going out to the users, which I think isn't happening at the moment.

David, using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Indeed

David, using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bigbear3764 wrote:Wish I could send a brief note with reply like in old edit version.
+10. Don't we all. We should have something later this year.
I love our use of time-frames in Wazeland.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by DonJ2
No.

Sorry, I had typed a much longer response, but the forum had logged me out without me knowing it, so you get this instead. :roll:
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2