Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Closest Segment

Post by SAR85
——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ———
MOD NOTE – MOD NOTE – MOD NOTE

Note 2. JustinS83 added the functionality of this script to WME Place Interface Enhancements. He will no longer work on the fork he created in note 1.

Note 1. Due to the original script author's absence, please get the forked version of the script from this here link.

THANK YOU!
edited by sketch – 2 Mar 2017
edited by carloslaso – 13 Jul 2017
——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ——— ———

Description:
WME Closest Segment helps you determine the closest segment to the navigation stop point of a place. A line is drawn from a selected place (for point places) or its navigation point (for area places) to the nearest segment.

Current version: 1.00

Installation:
Use Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome) and get the script here.

To use:
The line to the closest segment will appear on the map when a place is selected/moved. To disable the line, disable the "Closest Segment" layer in the layer selector or press Ctrl+Shift+C.

For best results, make sure you can see the segments on all sides of the navigation stop point on the map. If the navigation stop point is at the edge of the map, the line will be drawn to the closest segment in the visible map area but the actual closest segment could be outside of the visible map area.

Please report bugs, feature requests, or other issues. Known issues and development goals can be seen here.

Change log:
  • v1.00
    • Ignores pedestrian boardwalk, stairways, runways, and railroads when finding the closest segment.
  • v0.93
    • Bug fix: line no longer drawn outside of map area
    • Bug fix: editing house numbers now works correctly with this script enabled
  • v0.92
    • Quick fix for last version which broke the script in Firefox
    • Improved finding nearest segment
  • v0.91:
    • Changed the line and point styles
    • Added ctrl-shift-c as keyboard shortcut
  • v0.9: Performance improvements
  • v0.8: First release
SAR85
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16875504

Send a message
Last edited by SAR85 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post by SAR85
Point example:
point.PNG
(231.47 KiB) Downloaded 5753 times
Area example:
area3.PNG
(153.49 KiB) Downloaded 5723 times
SAR85
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SAR85 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by RussPA
Sorry, I figured you'd be on it. My appologies :D
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
New place handling in beta breaks Closest Segment again. :oops:
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by russblau
Even after making these changes (thanks, Justin), this script is still giving me fits today. If I try to move a geometry node on a street, or a junction node, the change does not appear on the screen (the node appears to float away from the street segment), and cannot be saved. Turning off Closest Segment eliminates the issue.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by RealMrMonteCristo
turbomkt wrote:
RealMrMonteCristo wrote:For me, this script makes it where I can not save edits. So I just had to stop using it.

However, before when it worked, I loved this script, huge help! :)
Which version of the script are you using?
I'm running version 1.0.2. Which I believe is the latest version, as when I push for an update in Tampormonkey, it says there is none.
RealMrMonteCristo
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
-RealMrMonteCristo
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
My profiel | 2016 AMG 4.0L biturbo V-8 Mercedes-Benz AMG C 63 S | SUV - 2016 5.0 Liter LR V-8 Supercharged SVAutobiography | iPhone 7 plus 256 GB Verizon

Post by RealMrMonteCristo
For me, this script makes it where I can not save edits. So I just had to stop using it.

However, before when it worked, I loved this script, huge help! :)
RealMrMonteCristo
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
-RealMrMonteCristo
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
My profiel | 2016 AMG 4.0L biturbo V-8 Mercedes-Benz AMG C 63 S | SUV - 2016 5.0 Liter LR V-8 Supercharged SVAutobiography | iPhone 7 plus 256 GB Verizon

Post by ramblinwreck_81
when new editors ask about scripts I usually tell them to not bother with them at first. But this is an editing staple. it's a must-have. thanks.
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message