Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

bing placement/business location editing

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Maybe this has been reported before, but I found that when you do a POI search in bing (online) and it's in the wrong place, you can click on the name to bring up the listing and click the Report a problem link under "Update this listing" which lets you modify metadata for the business/POI including placement of the coordinate pin. Is this new or am I just really slow?

bing_placemark_edit_sm.png
(183.88 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
[/url]
(click to enlarge)

I submitted two today, so I'll find out how long it takes, if ever, to update.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I should add that this only affects POI searches and not addresses, which is really where our concern is in relation to integration with Waze. My age-old problem with the address "14645 SW Davis Rd, Beaverton, OR" still exists as it shows on a completely different road, but if you search for the church at that address "seventh day adventist, beaverton, or" then the marker is located correctly. Stoopid.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Daknife
Just a follow up on this. I also discovered this feature about the time Alan posted this thread. At that time I made two corrections of locations I was familiar with that I knew Bing gave bad locations for. After seeing the reminder about this thread in This thread(Danger! infinite link loop risk!) I went and checked on the two locations. Both were still completely wrong. So I submitted the corrections again.

Take two.

Maybe in a few months I be reminded again and check again.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by gettingthere
This is good news. At least maybe we have a chance to be able to resolve some issues with POI's that are in Bing with incorrect GPS coordinates and being used in for POI resolution in Waze.

Now if we could get Waze to add some additional details to the 'Not a Problem' Update Request emails:

"If you searched and used third party data to route to a POI - Bing, Google, Yelp or FourSquare - and the location of the POI was incorrect, please report these types of problems to the third party using the following links: ..."

Thanks for posting this.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico