Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

waze iPhone release 1.6 available in store

Post by
Well, this time the upgrade went well and no problems located on store side.
So we are up and runing with 1.6 which is identical to 1.5.9.4 beta, I.e.
* Performance improvements
* Sync bug correction
* Ping-A-Wazer capability
Enjoy...

POSTER_ID:64

Send a message

Post by ahdlm
I upgraded last night and am now in the middle of an itunes backup. its taking forever just like before.
is there a trick to this, or is the problem a holdover from files generated before I upgraded?
ahdlm
Send a message

Post by ahdlm
gibby71 wrote:You may have a different app causing the slow backup. Mine has been fast since the update.
Its just that I noticed the problem start when I first got Waze. It would be an odd coincidence that something that I installed since would cause the same problem when nothing that I had installed before caused that problem.
ahdlm
Send a message

Post by borea
Mine is taking an incredible ammount of time seeking for satellites, while other gps based applications run smoothly. Is there anyone with the same issue?
borea
Send a message

Post by cobra
ahdlm wrote:
gibby71 wrote:You may have a different app causing the slow backup. Mine has been fast since the update.
Its just that I noticed the problem start when I first got Waze. It would be an odd coincidence that something that I installed since would cause the same problem when nothing that I had installed before caused that problem.
I assume you have to run the new version and have it mark the tiles as non-backup files, before you will see the benefit. Once you run the updated version, the next back after that will be faster.

(Since your old version has the tiles marked as part of the backup, your update won't be improved this time.)
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
Elgirts wrote: Is this iPhone v.1.6? if so where do you find this.. I seemed to have missed it somewhere.
Yes, in the app store. The last beta is the same. If you have the last beta installed, the app store version will not show as an update normally.
cobra
Send a message

Post by cobra
It's not an option. It's one of the bug fixes. I haven't seen any claims you can turn the new behavior off. It just always marks map tiles as items that iTunes should not backup.
cobra
Send a message

Post by danthemanms
By "sync bug correction" do you mean that it no longer takes an excessive amount of time to sync with iTunes? Might want to clarify that in the patch notes, since that's been a consistent criticism on many of the reviews on the App Store.
danthemanms
Send a message

Post by Elgirts
cobra wrote: I assume you have to run the new version and have it mark the tiles as non-backup files, before you will see the benefit. Once you run the updated version, the next back after that will be faster.

(Since your old version has the tiles marked as part of the backup, your update won't be improved this time.)
Is this iPhone v.1.6? if so where do you find this.. I seemed to have missed it somewhere.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by Elgirts
Note, My signature already states I have iphone v.1.6 and I have already DL'd and I am using it. Look at the quote I have bolded and underlined above. I cannot find in v.1.6 any option to "mark the tiles as non-backup files" Where do I find it as referenced above.
Elgirts
Send a message
Green - 2012 Hyundai Accent / Former - Area Manager - Santa Clarita and Northern San Fernando valley, CA

Post by Elgirts
I'm not having a hard time seeking satellites, but I have been encountering "Server Timeouts" whenever searching for a route. Also sometimes when I travel off route, the client will take a long time, and make several attempts to find a new route, or just quit trying all together. This forces me to have to re-submit my destination for routing which may again result in a server timeout.
Elgirts
Send a message