These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by mikeshappell
I was excited, although I realize not everyone was, by the discussion on the beta thread about pausing podcasts/music playback for voice guidance. However, I have not found that that this works in the 3.1 release. Did this feature make it into the release?

I listen to podcasts while on the road and find it frustrating to miss a few (or more) seconds with each announcement. Since I cannot easily skip back (as Waze has no built-in playback controls), it makes it very difficult to keep track of the conversation/story. I was so looking forward to having the pause feature!

Mike

Device: iPhone 4 (IOS 5.x) using 30-pin connector to in-dash stereo. Prefer Bluetooth, no; Play sound to phone speaker, no.
mikeshappell
Send a message

Post by mikeshappell
IMG_0460.PNG
(118.57 KiB) Downloaded 1579 times
During navigation, bringing up the menu (in landscape orientation), on the second screen of choices, there is an empty option.

Mike

Device: iPhone 4 (IOS 5.x) using 30-pin connector to in-dash stereo. Prefer Bluetooth, no; Play sound to phone speaker, no.
mikeshappell
Send a message

Post by mikeshappell
I am not 100% positive that this is a 3.1 issue (yet), but none of my trips today have made it into my dashboard on Waze. All of my previous drives have appeared rather quickly with the previous release, but none have shown up since upgrading to 3.1.

UPDATE: So it seems that my routes from yesterday did make it into the system, it just took a while.

Mike

mikeshappell
Send a message
Last edited by mikeshappell on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mkmccarty
I was hoping the frequent navigation recalculation crash was gone in 3.1, but it's still there. I suspect I'll continue sending the my too frequent crash reports.
mkmccarty
Send a message

Post by NCiPad
Two things I noticed on an iPad. First, despite waze telling me to wave my hand to activate the speech processor, I have to use the tap method. I admit I rarely hold the iPad to my face but I suspect the same might happen on my iPod. I am not sure if this counts as bug or not!

The second thing is that I shared my route via text message but it never arrived. I received no error and the message never arrived. I do not have an active phone number so I think it should have not been offered as a choice or failed at send time. I will admit I should have seen this one coming too but was mislead by the instructions.

Anyway, if you have an iPad or iPod, do not expect miracles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NCiPad
Send a message
Verizon iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Waze 3.1.0.0 (Shield)

Post by NCiPod
You also need the ears (mic) plugged in to get the tap method to work on an iPod.
NCiPod
Send a message
iPod 3rd gen, (w/ TomTom cradle and Verizon mifi), iOS 5.1 Waze 3.1.1.0 (Sword)

Post by NWNightfly
O.K., this is really driving me crazy.

Since updating to 3.1 (iPhone 4s running iOS 5.0.1), about half of the time I start up Waze without choosing a destination, I'll drive for a minute or two, then Waze decides to automatically choose a destination for me and give me ten seconds to close the dialog box before starting navigation to that place. Since it is almost always somewhere I don't want to go, I have to stop and punch at the iPhone while driving to get it to shut off. Very irritating -- if the new client has some sort of "guess where I want to go" feature, you should allow the user the option to disable it.
NWNightfly
Send a message

Post by NWNightfly
gettingthere wrote:As posted two posts ago...

You can turn this option off if you don't like it.

Settings
Advanced
Auto-learn routes to frequent destinations - set to off
The problem is, I don't want to turn off auto-learning of routes -- just the client auto-selecting a destination when I haven't indicated one, which seems like a very different matter to me.
NWNightfly
Send a message

Post by NWNightfly
If I may make a separate feature suggestion: there's already an option in navigation to "avoid highways." It would be nice to have a second option to "avoid toll roads," as tolling is becoming a big thing around here, and it seems like many of my destinations in Seattle get routed through the 520 bridge, which now has a (rather high) toll. I'd like to be able to keep using highways, but not roads that require payment to use.
NWNightfly
Send a message

Post by pdot86
Can you work on making some improvements to how fast this app consumes battery life?

I know there is a lot going on, but it can eat 70-80% of a full charge in an hour on an iPhone 4s
pdot86
Send a message