Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SpencerFG
So it now starts for me but after about fifteen minutes I gave up on it (it's been saying "Finishing in a minute most of that time). So I tried the stop button and it doesn't respond.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
It worked for me after I restarted the browser. At first it just got stuck scanning. Thank's for all the help.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
I just ran a test. It didn't find a bad segment I planted in the middle of nowhere.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
I am getting the same message with the same browser. It's not happening with Chrome, however.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by SpencerFG
Cost is relative and somewhat arbitrary, especially considering the "specials" in downtown areas that even mentioning it might be superfluous. It costs or doesn't. Then consider that many venues may validate parking. I can't even think through this much less imagine an effective algorithm.
SpencerFG
Send a message

Post by Spirit_of_76
I don't think that Validator is going to get an update. I've checked the forum profile page for berestovskyy. There is no last seen date. Also, his editor profile shows his last edit was 505 days ago. I'd say that indicates he's inactive. Is there anyone that can take over this script?
Spirit_of_76
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///2F37zR[/img] [img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by ssl-3
ditchi56 wrote:Minor problem: the script is reporting time restrictions as expired on the last day for while they apply. It should wait one more day before flagging them as expired.
Seconded, sorta: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... 4,38759657

None of the restrictions I added there even take affect for another 21 hours, and are already flagged as "expired" by WME Validator.
ssl-3
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
ssl-3

Post by subs5
Would like to recommend a change to validator.
Based on this forum post Waze does not use the base import HNs unless just about everything else is missing. (Applicable to USA since no base import in other countries like Germany). So to prevent the URs that say my house is over on the other street or why was I routed to the loading dock of this store (all from bad Google Maps import)
I would recommend that instead of having streets with HNs as clear and streets with no HNs as green. That instead you have 1) a color for streets with HNs that are only base imports, 2) a color for there are some base import HNs and some bumped HNs, 3) green for streets with no HNs (either bumped or base import.
Main reason for 2) above is I have heard in the routing GHO that Waze does not interpolate HN locations so you can't just do a HN at either end of the block.
I am not a script expert, but figure this would combine the validator with WME HN Tool script and be more powerful and allow people to not have to select each clear road to see if the HNs are bumped/touched by an editor or not.
Thanks, I think that this would help us figure out a little quicker on the URs about routing and also give the new editors a way to zero in and fix the map. HNs are very important for final routing, yes I know they don't get a lot of hype or editing credit count. But as the Boston Map Raid showed they can help routing a lot.
Keep on Waz'n' Subs5
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message