Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by eightball8
davipt wrote:
eightball8 wrote:The continued bug where GPS signal does not lock on is still there after this update. I have reported this after the last update and performed all the suggestions. My phone's GPS works as designed with my other apps but apparently is an issue with this app. This has been a long outstanding issue and with other users as well. I even performed deleting the app, manually deleting the folders on the phone, and restarting the phone. This worked for about a day but the app went back to the same bug.

Next?
May I ask if this is an issue on iOS, or if you are referring to Android?
One one hand, I haven't heard or had any major issue with GPS on iOS. On the other hand, as a country manager, I have to deal with some users complaining about this issue on Android devices, so I'm trying to get more information, and ideally some solution or work around to help them.
Your sentence "manually deleting the folders on the phone" was the tip that this may not be related to iOS at all. If not, there's a separate thread just for the Android version. If it is, I'll be quite curious about having Waze failing on iOS. (there were some iOS glitches on devices older than the 5S, without the Motion Coprocessor, but since then it should just work)

No this is on an Android system with a Motorola maxx 2
eightball8
Send a message

Post by eightball8
low_wh74 wrote:
eightball8 wrote:If you read my post I noted that I already tried the link you posted and tried all of the restarting of the phone/apps to fix the signal. It does not work. It is an obvious bug of the Waze app and needs to be submitted to the developers. This has been going on for a long time to a fair amount of users. The GPS signal is fine as the other apps work.
Perhaps you can try the procedures below to solve your problem (Note: This solution was mentioned by other Wazers in the previous Official Feedback Thread for Android postings):-
1) Uninstall the WAZE app.
2) Manually delete the "WAZE" folder in your smartphone.
3) Restart your smartphone & re-install the WAZE app.

Do also ensure that the latest Android version for your smartphone model (provided by the manufacturer of your smartphone) is installed.

I did try your suggestion and it worked for about a day but went back to the same issue. I am checking into this, but I am getting the impression that the app is only locking on to my location if there is a wifi signal within range when you turn the app on. If you turn it on with no wifi nearby then the app never locks into position. Again this is just a theory and if I confirm this I will follow up.
eightball8
Send a message

Post by eightball8
I think that I figured out what to do to temporarily solve the issue with the app not acquiring position. I have found that if you are not in range of a wifi signal the app will not lock on. It is relying too heavily on the wifi to position itself. Please fix
eightball8
Send a message

Post by eightball8
Should I be sending a debug log for the GPS issues I am having or not?
eightball8
Send a message

Post by eightball8
gas_85 wrote:Nice phone. I checked and you should have at least Android 6.0.1, looking to you posts you did checked permission of the app and set Location to "on"? Picture from the internet as an example:
eightball8 wrote:I did try your suggestion and it worked for about a day but went back to the same issue. I am checking into this, but I am getting the impression that the app is only locking on to my location if there is a wifi signal within range when you turn the app on. If you turn it on with no wifi nearby then the app never locks into position. Again this is just a theory and if I confirm this I will follow up.
Also, try to check your global Location setting. There is at lest 3 options could be used: "GPS only", "Wifi and Mobile Networks" and "GPS and Wifi and Mobile Networks". Try to set to "GPS only" personally I can not use Waze when more location sources are enabled, if GPS is poor, waze will jump over to Wifi location, or Cell Base Station location and that could be far away from the driving way.

You can use this App to check your GPS Signal, to be sure that phone can calculate your location. It could also reset A-GPS.

I do have the latest Android software I stalled. I have the location permission on. I tried your suggestion of switching the location setting to GPS only. The app does warn me of not having it on the high accuracy setting but the app does lock in to my location correctly now. Looks like I am going to have to keep it there with this phone.
eightball8
Send a message

Post by eightball8
Can a person that has access to centercode or an administrator please PM me
eightball8
Send a message

Post by FloatSunNinja
Hello all. When I was driving about 6h the app crashed 2 times, sending ETA works but reciver cannot see my drive in real time and the details panel expanded from botton panel works in 1/3 (see attach.).
All above appears after last update. My phone is LG d620r, android 6.0.1 cyanogenmod, polish.
Please review this bugs. I will also complain about removing right side bar - it was more useful than searching in settings for messages.
FloatSunNinja
Send a message
Attachments

Post by gas_85
Nice phone. I checked and you should have at least Android 6.0.1, looking to you posts you did checked permission of the app and set Location to "on"? Picture from the internet as an example:
eightball8 wrote:I did try your suggestion and it worked for about a day but went back to the same issue. I am checking into this, but I am getting the impression that the app is only locking on to my location if there is a wifi signal within range when you turn the app on. If you turn it on with no wifi nearby then the app never locks into position. Again this is just a theory and if I confirm this I will follow up.
Also, try to check your global Location setting. There is at lest 3 options could be used: "GPS only", "Wifi and Mobile Networks" and "GPS and Wifi and Mobile Networks". Try to set to "GPS only" personally I can not use Waze when more location sources are enabled, if GPS is poor, waze will jump over to Wifi location, or Cell Base Station location and that could be far away from the driving way.

You can use this App to check your GPS Signal, to be sure that phone can calculate your location. It could also reset A-GPS.
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by gas_85
eightball8 wrote:I do have the latest Android software I stalled. I have the location permission on. I tried your suggestion of switching the location setting to GPS only. The app does warn me of not having it on the high accuracy setting but the app does lock in to my location correctly now. Looks like I am going to have to keep it there with this phone.
Glad that it works for you too. :D
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by jibust
Not getting Planned Drives notifications on latest Android beta.

Verified and all the notification options are ticked and my phone was not in silent mode, or do not disturb.

Android 7.1.1.
jibust
Send a message