Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
Not sure if something has caused issues or if it is just my computer but when I have a segment selected and try to remove geo nodes Toolbox is telling me I have no segments selected. This is only happening in WME Beta not Prod
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
BellHouse wrote:
jm6087 wrote:Not sure if something has caused issues or if it is just my computer but when I have a segment selected and try to remove geo nodes Toolbox is telling me I have no segments selected. This is only happening in WME Beta not Prod
Hm, I cannot duplicate this. Works fine for me.
It seems to be random so I don't have better details at this point. If I figure anything out that is more concrete, I will let you know.

Thanks for checking.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
ramblinwreck_81 wrote:
iainhouse wrote:A suggestion for a possible extra, minor feature for Toolbox.

Quite often I find myself dealing with a longish segment that has too many geometry points or is badly matched to the aerials. I clear the geometry with Toolbox in preparation to redraw it. But then I often find that I'm near one end of the segment with the handle in the centre of it nowhere on-screen - and I have to pan away to find it then drag it back to the end of the segment where I'm starting to re-lay out the road.

So what I would like is a button/keypress that would add a geometry node to the currently-selected segment somewhere on-screen. I can then drag this node into position and continue.

This could either be in the middle of the visible portion of the selected segment, or close to the screen edge if one end of the segment is visible whilst the other goes off-screen.

A great idea. I'd add that it would be nice (and in addition to what iainhouse recommends above) if you could highlight the midpoint so it would be easier to find.

Thanks
I agree, this would be an outstanding idea.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
iainhouse wrote:A possible cause for "no segment selected": did you have a junction node selected and then you additionally select segments?

I find this is very easy to do if you use CTRL+SHIFT+mouse drag to select multiple segments. If you have a junction node selected and then select multiple segments like this, the junction node will remain selected. This then causes Toolbox to act as if only the junction node is selected.
When this happens to me, I do not have a junction node selected. I just tested again to ensure I didn't misspeak. Only 1 segment selected and I get the issue. I have not tried to disable scripts yet, so can't speak for a script conflict yet.

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
As has been stated many times in this post :)
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
tcalvert317 wrote:
beliamuda wrote:
Unfortunately, after re-launch Chrome, Toolbox become corrupted again.
I had the same thing happen to me. I had to delete all extensions, and add them back. Since then everything has been running well. I even noticed some petty annoyances have disappeared.
When you say "ALL", do you mean WME extensions or do you literally mean ALL extensions?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
That is Chrome soon, not Waze soon :D
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
hawkeygoal wrote:Before I start beating my head against the Internet: Has anyone had Chrome start up with Extensions saying:
  • WME Toolbox 1.7.7
    This extension may have been corrupted.
This has been going on for a bit, repairing it corrects the situation straightaway but it recurs on the next browser restart. Any places to look for conflicts that might be damaging it?

Thanks kindly.
Yes, this has been brought up several times in this thread. It is something to do with a Chrome update.
If you look back a page or two, there has been discussions of work-arounds
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
aureozb wrote:
tcalvert317 wrote:
Has a new update of chrome, but so far the extension continues with error
What version are you running?

64 bits
This has been discussed over the last few pages of this thread. V59 currently breaks Toolbox anytime you close the entire browser. Once you reopen the browser, toolbox needs to be repaired. Once you repair toolbox extension, you are good until the next time you close Chrome entirely.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
tcalvert317 wrote:
impulse200 wrote:The same thing occurred to uBlock extension. But it developer was able to quickly fix that. Is it _THAT_ hard to make a fix for Toolbox? Especially in light of fact that we do not know when stable chrome v60 will be released.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I am grateful for the script writers. A little annoyance with toolbox is a livable exchange for me. :D
I agree, if toolbox script writers don't feel it is worth fixing because it will resolve itself when the Chrome updates. I am happy camper still :D
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ