Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ooMikeoo
I've never gotten Waze to recognize a single voice command, wondering why it's even part of the app? Siri understands me just fine, maybe Siri should be passing voice commands to the app since it seems to work very well.
ooMikeoo
Send a message

Post by Oranges13
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Alert Commands
  • Thanks
  • Not there, gone, false
  • Hide, close, dismiss
I have never been able to get these to work. Is there a keyword you have to say to get waze to listen to you when an alert has appeared? Waving does not work until the alert has been dismissed manually, and then the voice commands do not refer to the previous alert.
Oranges13
Send a message

Post by ozrider
there have been countless reports of voice commands not working and its hasnt been resolved in the latest update. They really should address this as its dangerous to have to report things by tapping instead of being able to use voice commands!
ozrider
Send a message

Post by Pegleg23
Seems like the only voice command Waze recognizes from me is "Cancel". I seem to say that a lot due to it never hearing what I am reporting or responding to Waze suddenly opening up for no reason asking me to repeat something I haven't said. It's a great concept if it worked...but a bit distracting the way it works for me. Fixing voice commands would go a long way for a safer experience.
Pegleg23
Send a message

Post by PraveenKumar_ch
Hi all,
i want to use voice command option in waze. I use nexus 5 with Marshmallow. For some strange reason, I'm not able to find voice command option in waze app. I use latest version ( Release 4.16.0.1). Please help me where can I find this voice command option.

I have followed below steps but there is no voice command option.

Tap the Menu , then the Settings wheel .
Tap Voice commands.
Toggle on Enable to activate voice commands.
Choose how voice commands are activated:
3 finger tap.
3 fingers or wave.
3 fingers or wave twice.
PraveenKumar_ch
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
All current available commands can be found at \Waze\asr_cmd in Android platform.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Last edited by pvaladares on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by randallrash
I was testing by reporting "Heat Wave" since it's over 102 degrees. Although it repeated what I was reporting correctly, it put "Tornado" on the map popup. Sorry everyone. :?
randallrash
Send a message

Post by RapsF4n
Why can't you navigate to place via voice com (other than home and work)?
RapsF4n
Send a message

Post by RenoHuskerDu
Waze voice commands only seems to speak the French language while in France. As soon as you touch three fingers, it starts saying something in French. This is quite unfortunate, as not everyone in France speaks French. France is in the middle of Europe and many drive thru it on the way to somewhere else.

Voice Commands needs a set language option, but so far I have not found it.

A simpler option would be to have Voice Commands pickup the language that the user has set for Guidance.
RenoHuskerDu
Send a message
Alsace, France. Wiko, OnePlus One, and Motorola phones. Our Wiko phones have very poor GPS. To run Waze, avoid Wiko phones.

Post by rony-king
Voice & languages files came into one compressed folder when you downloadload the app. If you find any issue or missing comands.
For ANDROID: setting, applications, waze, clear data
OR you can re-install it but make sure there's nothing related to old one . Or things messd up
rony-king
Send a message
Marwan