Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ehcool68
Would it be possible to add "Has no House Numbers" as an option for the Streets scan?

Now that we have good information in many areas via GIS-layers, it's becoming simpler to add the missing ones in.

Thanks!
ehcool68
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by ehcool68
It's great to have a tool like this that can scan at a pretty low level!

I have been scanning roads for a variety of issues, and noticed that when WAL finds a road with an "unknown direction of travel" the "Issue" is simply the word None. While this is probably technically correct, "No direction" or "Unknown direction" might be a little more descriptive, especially when they're mixed in a list with dozens of "Soft turns or "No city" issues.

Thanks
ehcool68
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by ehcool68
CrazyCaveman -- thanks for keeping this script going! Running a streets scans in various counties in Pa (e.g., Washington Co), I'm getting this error; I was able to get past it by setting the option Ignore Roundabouts:

Code: Select all

app-2fa2743c9a7311ded98e.js:1 Error getting features TypeError: segment.getRoundabout is not a function
    at Object.ScanExtent (userscript.html?id=6a4cc9ad-3796-4426-afd4-f9c637540981:922)
    at scanExtent (userscript.html?id=683a7885-5e25-4b90-9e64-ab6313fc9603:2283)
    at Function.onOperationDone (userscript.html?id=683a7885-5e25-4b90-9e64-ab6313fc9603:2342)
    at Array.eval (userscript.html?id=683a7885-5e25-4b90-9e64-ab6313fc9603:2411)
    at Array.<anonymous> (vendor-2468fb91ad44e63a878c.js:1)
    at d (vendor-2468fb91ad44e63a878c.js:1)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (vendor-2468fb91ad44e63a878c.js:1)
    at Object.<anonymous> (vendor-2468fb91ad44e63a878c.js:1)
    at d (vendor-2468fb91ad44e63a878c.js:1)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (vendor-2468fb91ad44e63a878c.js:1)
It seems to be happening at line 922 on this code:

Code: Select all

if (!settings.Roundabouts) {
                        addSegment(segment, (!segment.isInRoundabout() ? null : segment.getRoundabout().attributes.id ), issues, newSegment); 
Thanks!

Eric
ehcool68
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by ehcool68
If I'm doing a WAL scan of any size I turn off all other scripts in TM and shut off any extensions. I know WAL handles much of that, but... just my way of eliminating any possible issues because I've seen Validator (??) still evaluating things in the background

I've seen it stall, and bringing up the console with F12 ( using windows) it shows server errors. Often after a few minutes' pause it continues to scan. Sometimes switching away from Chrome and then back will trigger it to restart - or maybe it would have anyway, I'm not sure.
ehcool68
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Lonewolf147 wrote:
vince1612 wrote:Could the report also show "created by" and "last edited by" information?

This would have been handy when I have scanned for a list of all places in one particular category.
Just gotta say, wow. This entire WAL scripts are awesome and soooo what I was looking for. Kudo's to HawkeyGoal for pointing me to this!

As what vince1612 mentioned, getting the created and last user info would be nice. Would it be possible to also run to scan just for last editor? I would love to be able to scan and create a list to find new editors in the state to send them Welcome messages.
+1 to this and/or HawkeyGoal's suggestion.

Thanks for a very useful script.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Mvan231 wrote:
RafaCintron wrote:I discovered that with color highlights running, WAL stalls. Once I disable color highlights, WAL works correctly.
I have the same issue. Seems like WAL needs to check if ColorHighlights is being used, and disable it before it starts the scan
Alas, that's not how things work. In order to "disable" a script, you have to first disable it in Tamper Monkey, then do a hard refresh. Otherwise, the script remains loaded and active in the current window. So, the only way your idea would work was if WAL interacted with TM (which I'm not even sure is possible, and I'm certain it's generally not desirable) and then either forced a refresh or opened a new tab, also not generally desirable behavior.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by fuji2086
HBiede wrote:Could we get an issue type in the streets plugin for streets that don't have a city name in the primary or as an alt?
This would be really useful in states like WV where no primary city is standard for unincorporated areas.
fuji2086
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
I love this script!!! However, the zoom level is too high. I think zoom=5 or zoom=6 is best. I used the browser's find and replace function to get my preferred zoom. :) Excellent script!
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
I wonder if it is possible to combine WME WAL and WME Magic ... like old WME Valdidator. This is what I miss the most about WME Validator
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message

Post by GerardterBeke
Is there a way to filter for roads which were paved through the app, but not edited yet?
GerardterBeke
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Country Manager Oman & the Netherlands
WME Stroopwafel Staff

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... Badge2.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png